New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID not working on my PC

ANSWERED
Contributor

Caller ID not working on my PC

I deleted Caller ID on my PC because it stopped working and tried to download it again and I got error 2032.  Keep calling Comcast and no one seams to have the answer for me.  So far have made 6 calls to them...They do not seam to have techs on call that know how to resolve this problem.  Does anyone know what error 2032 Means?  My last post I mentioned error 2030 that was wrong..Please I need help ;-(

Accepted Solution

Re: Caller ID not working on my PC=Ruth and Steve

Well all is well that ends well! First my PC fried! Then I got a call from Comcast that my caller ID was working on my PC they upgraded my system! But not having a PC to work with could not tell! Yesterday bought a new PC with windows 8 . Not liking it but caller ID works! Hurray. Thank you Stephen and Linda for all your support! :-)
View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID not working on my PC

I had a similar problem: Caller ID stopped storing my messages and I called Comcast. I was transferred to th so-called technical dapartment. The man who answered was in The Philipines and I could nit understand him well.

I was on the phone with him for 37 minutes to no avail. Comcast sucks. Fios was better. If I could switch back, I would.

N/A

Welcome to the club. My PC caller ID was working fine until Feb 15. It worked all day and then that night I could no longer log in. I have made 3 service calls, had my complaint referred to a "higher level of service",after which it was fixed on Tues, Feb 18, and when I tried to use it today, Feb 18, it didn't work again. The service rep (3rd one) said it would be taken care of within an hour, which it was, and now it's not working again. I'm getting tired of it and don't understand why the "repair" doesn't stay repaired.

N/A

Well, today is Feb 22 and my PC caller ID is still not working. I didn't realize I was supposed to give a name when i wrote the below comment, so I apologize for that. Anyway, it's been 3 days since I posted the comment, so this is just a follow-up to say I'm still not able to log in to PC caller ID.

Lynn Prettyman

Contributor

Lynn it will not help you.  They are all brainless.  I called again today it must of been my 6th phone call to Comcast and again was ushered over to the Highest Tech Support only to be hung up on.  My Caller ID is still not working and error 2032 still comes up and this forum is for naught.  I think I am switching my Internet and Phone to Verizon.  In our City they are not allowing Verizon Fios cable.  It is all about money politics.  

Contributor

I can logon to the main interface panel of the computer application of my account - though sometimes not before contacting customer service.

The accompanying pop-up  interrface of the application is not working when the phone rings.

I have unistalled adobe Air 4.0 and Caller ID .. then reinstalled..

Overall.. mostly Sporadic results even with Tier two support tickets in active status.

Once this evening ..I toggled the checkbox which manages "on top" appearance of the smaller interface panel in the settings panel of the main interface...

Suddenly the software work ..

...only with one test call - then the test could not be reproduced..

???

This Issue has been a problem since February 17th 2014.

The TV application is not a problem in any case.

I still am working with tier two on an open ticket...

Lowell Massachusetts

Contributor

Temporarily resolved:

• NOTIFICATION BUBBLE IS MISSING WHEN PHONE RINGS

My CID was working steady at a point.

Method of reconfiguration :

1. Alternately toggle the "On Top" switch.
  • The radio button "box" which manages the placement of the small interface panel - when the phone rings during the time of the incoming call as it is supplying the accompanying caller ID data.

• This switch is located in the "Settings" tab of "large" interface "sign-on" panel.
  • I worked the application a few times by opening and closing it - while logging on.
  • intermittantly - I checked and unchecked the "OnTop" button.
  • The actions may have caused the software to work properly once more.

Contributor

No longer relevant - so I removed the message.

Contributor

No longer relevant - so I removed the message.

Contributor

UPDATE : The computer application  is now operative.

I uninstalled Adobe Air 4.0 from the Windows OS Control Panel folder as you would do with any program.

I then uninstalled the Caller ID program form the same area.

I uninstalled Adobe Flash. 

Afterwards - I downloaded and installed the Adobe Air 4.0 version from the Adobe website.

Followed by a re-installation of the CID application from the Comcast website.

The results:

The Sign-in is automatic with my UID and password.
The connection to the small popup panel is quick.

I'm weighing whether these two downloads and installations need to be 
performed seperately to be recognized by the window operationg system. 

I'll monitor the stability of the event of how well these programs have been recognized by the windows os though this form of installation process... from this point onward...
Contributor

ADOBE FORUM LINK // ERROR #2032 May 30, 2012 10:42 AM

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4451284 

" I had the same problem and since Adobe can't find a way to fix it I had to try couple things on my own. The problem that causes this error it's Adobe Air. I think it gets corrupted in the auto update process.

I uninstalled adobe air, downloaded the same version and install it again. I did the same with the widget app.

and it worked. (At least for me)

... and I also cleared the cache"

Contributor

I tried that this morning and when I went to download Adobe Air Norton would not allow it ...

Contributor

Link // Norton Internet Security 2010 block adobe air application.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Internet-Security-2010-block-a...

See above

I tried that this morning and when I went to download Adobe Air Norton would not allow it ...

Contributor

Thank you did all that and it is still not working I have a sneaky suspicion that I might have a virus on my PC and I am not proficient enough to know how to get rid of it Might have to bring someone in..I uninstalled Adobe Air Re installed it and when I tried to download Comcast Caller ID I still got error 2032

Contributor

My views of virus programs revolves around how many more instances of error occur when they are installed in the computer.

I only use "Microsoft Security Essentials" at this point.

I found this one to work well on all of my desktop computers  

Get Microsoft Security Essentials for the low, low price of free.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=231276

Contributor

Notes | Flash Player® 12 AIR® 4

If you encounter any issues please don't hesitate to post on our community forums or to our public bug database.

Flash Player - http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer

AIR - http://forums.adobe.com/community/air

Adobe Bug Database - https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Contributor

FOLLOWUP UPDATE : 

• I am so far without an answer as to whether >> Adobe Air 4 <<< released on February 20th 2014 is even the cause of what is affecting the proper operation of the Computer version of the CID application. 
Contributor

You have the same issue I was wondering about. For about 3 hours yesterday, the caller ID on the computer did work, even after I did a reboot. Then, I read how Flash had an emergency patch and needed to be upgraded ASAP-that's twice in this month(Go Adobe!) and then Caller ID went KAPUT! Somehow Flash and Air are interrelated as the Caller ID is dependant on Air. However, after months of trying to upgrade Air to version 4, I finally got it to install-another story. However, CallerID never failed when I used Air 3.8. When I'd try to install the Air upgrade I always had a message that the Comcast Caller ID had to be shutdown, which somehow was impossible to totally disable. Anyhow, my question, as is yours, is Comcast aware of Adobe's latest patches and do these patches not play well with the current caller ID Comcast program. Guess we'll have to wait for the techs to check it out. As I said, the Caller ID on computer is related to Adobe Air which is also related to the Flash player so perhaps the Caller ID needs to be revamped. So, how about it Tech support? Any answers? By the way, in the forum column under this service there are messages where people began having the problem right around the Adobe Air upgrade/patch was released. I'm leaning more towards it being the patch issue and having to revamp the Caller ID, Must not play well with others, I guess!

LindaSView

Contributor

The problem is when you call Comcast they are completely useless...They keep switching me to a upper Tech Support who in time hangs up on me.  They are probably sitting in a cubicle in China and have no clue what is going on...

New Poster

not working on mine, either, since Feb. 18, gonna try again with Comcast online chat...seems I have better luck with them

Contributor

2/20/2014 - Release - AIR 4 Runtime and SDK

Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of AIR is available for immediate download. 

Please note that only the AIR runtime for Android, AIR SDK & Compiler and AIR SDK were updated.  The AIR runtimes for desktop were not updated with this release. 

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6140651#6140651

I am told they will be working on my third ticket through a higher level than Tier 2 Phone support.

Hopefully - they will call tomorrow - The Tier 2 tech ..said they would most likely do a remote examination of my computer // Vulcan mind meld - Mr. Spock saying “But that would not be
logical.”.

We'll see...

Contributor

Not just Android. There was also an update for Windows PC's. It is intertwined...dependent on Adobe Air- the callerID from Comcast.  I never would have posted about the Air update if it didn't have something to do with my Windows 7 computer, not my Android tablet. It worked fine with Adobe Air 3.8, but everytime I rebooted for about a month, the Adobe box would appear telling me there was an update. I'd click install and it would tell me I had to stop the Caller ID service from running.  Eventually, I uninstalled 3.8, quit CallerID and got 4 to install. Then the CallerID quit working off and on. So, I wondered if it had to do with the update. Anyhow, the Air update was for Windows as well,(much longer than the update for Android which was posted 2/20-the sameday as another update for the computer for Flash-two updates for Flash in Feb.) and yes, because of some "hole" in Air on Android devices, they have posted an update for that now too. Anyhow, my CallerID on computer and TV are working fine now, but that's been for today! Who knows what the 'morrow brings! I use MSE and Malwarebytes Pro. If Norton won't let you install Air, stop it in Task Manager-the process and service. You should be able to get Air to install once you disable the anti-virus.

LindaSView

Contributor

Not just Android. There was also an update for Windows PC's. It is intertwined...dependent on Adobe Air. 

I see - the Adobe Air 4.0 release also includes the Desktop code .. except there was not any updates to that part of the software. Got it...

I was not contacted by Tier 2 support today Even after an urgent flag was attached to the ticket.

The standard comcast customer service executive opened another ticket while leaving the previous ticket oopened as well.. 

On and on it goes - where it stops - I hope somebody knows...

Contributor

Hi:

Download version 4. Uninstall the Air edition you have, and install 4. Reboot and you should have your CallerID back. At least you got "two tickies, now maybe you'll get two shirties", but in the meantime, try doing what I did. It worked. Hope you get it solved!

LindaSView

Contributor

Events since 9:30PM in reverse order top to bottom

• The system worked!
  • i dialed from my cellphone.
  • I unchecked the "on top" box.
  • I opened the settings tab
  • I logged into the computer CID application.
  • I installed adobe flash 12 and confirmed the installation.

Now i'll have to see whether it holds for the duration of regular usage...

Contributor

Something is not right when I try to download any program As stated before I think I have a virus on my PC I download Flash 12 but windown to run application did not come up again tried to download Comcast 

Caller ID and still get error 2032

Contributor

Ruth:

Do you have Adobe Air installed? You need to put Adobe Air 4 on too and the CallerID will work. Did Flash install? I'm fairly certain you need both. Mine has been working now for two days. If you keep getting the windows error message, go to your windows help file type "Error ******" and make sure you have online help as well. Don't use the quotes. Sometimes, especially with Norton, you can't download stuff, so you may want to disable your anti-virus... Happy for itcj..-got it to work. It can be real quirky. I know the CID is dependant on Air and somewhat on Flash too.

LindaSView

Contributor

Yes I have both installed Adobe Air and Flash and I still get error 2032

Contributor

Don't get it. Did it work before or are you just starting? If you look at itcj's message there was a setting he changed. Did you reboot. Is the CallerID program in your program list? If you have AIR and Flash maybe you need to reinstall the CallerID and then reboot. I can't figure out what that error message is, but something is blocking it and it's a pain to try to track it through even viewer. You don't have Windows 7 with User Account turned on do you? It's baffling me since you got both Adobe Gizmo's to work. Is it a Windows error message or a Comcast one?

Linda

Contributor

Now I got a new message it said Installer file is damaged.  I am so beyond disgusted

Contributor

Which installer file? For the CallerID? That would be a Comcast tech issue if it's their file and worth calling as why is the file damaged? Sometimes, I've had to use RevoPro uninstaller to get any remnants of partially installed programs off. If there are remnants they hang out in Common Files, Program Files and Program data and you can zap them with the force uninstall part of the installer. Also, look to see if the CallerID, of that's the program you are having with has an offline installer. You have everything it needs to work so...maybe look at your temp files for today.user,appdata,local,temp and see if there's a message...log file. Hope you get this working and it is frustrating when it takes a few hours to get it to work! When I finally got it back-up and running, it took four hours. Best bet, redownload CallerID program again, save it. Close your browser and then try. Good luck, Ruth. I'll keep checking and maybe itcj can assist.

LindaSView

Contributor

Linda I have done just about everything installed uninstalled re booted un booted stood on my head did a hand stand.  I still think I have a virus on my PC because another 2 programs stopped working as well.  Truth of the matter did not need any of them including Caller ID on my PC it is not an absolute necessity...

Contributor

You may not need CID, but you need your computer to be working. Go to www.malwarebytes.org and download the free scanner. It does a great job picking up the nasty critters that love to hide in our dll system 32 files or processes! I use that with Microsoft Security Essentials and it works great. So, try and go after the suspected critter on the computer. You will defintely know if you have a real nasy one if it doesn't let you access any security sites. I hope it's jus a glitch with your computer. I'm going to see if I can find anything out for you and get back to you in a day or two. Actually, the CID tool is kind of nice as you can just ignore the telemarketers. If your in the middle of something important, you can also set the snooze control so you don't get bothered. So, here's hoping it's jus a glitch in your computer-not a virus!

Linda......Hey, did you get a "head rush" from standing on your head? Seriously, I know what you mean as it took me a month to get rid of the nag from Adobe about the upgrade to AIR.

Linda

Contributor

• My computer application was not working in the morning as usual - 
  • Everthing else is good with the Cordless telephone CID display, and Television CID notifications..
  • Tier 2 has not replied with a call on the last two tickets - both are "open" - seems the norm.
  • Customer service executives continue to send notes to tier 2... on the tickets needing work.
  • I might contact "Comcast Cares"

Ruth' I have the Universal Caller ID File.

• Send my e-mail an address of where it can be mailed though email.

• Click on my user ID at the upper left of this post and you should see my e-mail address in the next window which opens.

• I'll send that file as an attachment through Windows mail.

You will not have to download the file in this way of working the problem.

Contributor

Thanks Linda I have had malware for yrs and scan my PC with it all the time and  It has not picked up the issue.  I might need to bring in an expert to fix my problem 

Contributor

Hi iftc and Ruth,

First, iftc go to Adobe and report a bug in Air as the CID for the computer has got to have AIR installed.  It took a couple of days for mine to come back fully functional on the PC. I know you upgraded the Flash, but did you update AIR as well? If you did, Adobe is really good about getting back to you on Bug issues as I really don't think it's a Comcast issue since it's not impacting a whole lot of people. Anyhow, besides Flash you need AIR.

Ruth-there are several great online scanners you can use, but personally, I think you have some missing .dll files that may need to be registered. mscorie..mscore.dll or something like that seems to be the major .dll file that always has to be reloaded in my computer when I read the logs. Did you go to your appdata in user, appdata, local, and go to temp files and look for logs? Often that is where you can find why something didn't install.

iftc, it's not a good idea to have your email address public. I'm pretty sure there is an area for private messages, but you may need to ask a forum operator. Again, if the CID worked on the computer, even sporadically, but works fine on the TV, I feel it's a bug issue with Adobe's AIR update. I just know that it took a couple of days and then the CID worked steadily-on third day with no issues. You could do a search too about Adobe Air 4 and Xfinity CID for PC fails and see where that leads you!

Have to run, catch you later.

Linda

Contributor

First, iftc go to Adobe and report a bug in Air as the CID for the computer has got to have AIR installed. 

Ok' thank you Linda .. I 'll see about placing some effort toward that purpose' soon as I have a little more time.. Do appreciate the idea.

Contributor

Voila! 

Tier II Tech support sent an automated call yesterday afternoon saying the problem was worked out.

The first test on Monday  indicated the same on my end.

The Tuesday test was the same.

The Universal Caller ID on the computer is working due to the work performed by TIER II Phone support technicians. 

I appreciate and leave my thanks for all the help and good intention offered here in the forum.

Stephen

Contributor

well mine is still not woreking I have given up on calling Comcast it takes all day to get someone who is intelligent at the other end of the world...Who knows where these calls are now going to.  India,??? China??? the Phillipines.  Time to bring all the jobs back and give it to people that can speak English and know what they are doing...

Contributor

Ruth,

I am really sorry to hear you are having such a horrendous experience with CS. I had to call today as I have the three-in-one plan and my phone has been on the "fritz" since they upgraded the main box in the basement that has the wire that runs out the back to the pole. Anyhow, since the new box went in, I've had brutal times with the phone, but ignored it until today-when I had no landline. I have had to call CS twice in the past three days-my X1 Platform went on the fritz as well the other night, and today, the phone. Anyhow, it all had to do with the main box connection. The CS person I got for the TV was great and it was almost midnight. He got everything back to normal in like 10 minutes over the phone.The gal I spoke to today, Lindsey, was also great. I have to have tech come out to the house tomorrow so for now, have to use cell. Anyhow, none of my calls are being routed outside of the US. I'm in the New England area of the US and have never had a bad experience with the CS people. However, I did learn that if you have the phone service too, it can mess up the CallerID not working if the phone cuts in and out like mine has since the new install job. I just let it go until today when I had to make an important call and it dropped. The CS person tried to do a reset of the phone and that's when the phone totally died. It could be with your phone, not just with the callerID for the computer. Have you had any problems with your phone? Did you upgrade any services? When I went with the X1 it turned out the main connection box in the basement was old and it got replaced. However, something went wrong and I have a habit of putting things off and because of that, the TV and phone finally gave me a hint I better get help. Anyhow, it's hard for me to understand how many people on this forum are having nightmare experiences with CS. I only got  one non-English speaking person and it was a nightmare, but I've been with Comcast since it was AT&T-mid-90's then it became Comcast and we went with the three-in-one off the bat. Sure wish you could get someone like Lindsey or the numerous other people I've had help me. I don't get it as the CS people I've had have been great. Anyhow, what I learned was if the phoe cuts in and out, there maybe a problem with Comcast's service line and thus the callerID on the computer won't work! There has to be a moderator on this forum who could step in and help as you have done everything and it makes no sense why it isn't working. I just don't get it. I've got the pc callerID set up so it blocks certain numbers, I can see my voice mail or hear it, and even though the phone is down, I did see where someone tried to call earlier today, but since the phone totally died, there's been nothing. Sure wish you could get the same CS people I do as it doesn't seem equitable accross the board and I'm stymied about it. hope you get an answer. I'll ask the Tech person who is coming tomorrow and see if he knows anything or has a number you can call to get better help.

Linda

Contributor

Glad you finally got it fixed. See what Ruth has to say as I don't get it. I've gotten great help even though my phone died today, but they are sending a tech out tomorrow to fix it. The CallerID program is neat with the things you can do-even texting to mobile phones, but you need to have your email open as the text reply goes to your email address since we are using the landline for the CallerID!

Glad to hear you are up and running and hope Ruth gets the help she needs,

LindaSView

Contributor

Who knows where these calls are now going to.  India,??? China??? the Phillipines.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ruth,

I'll email you a number relayed to me by a regular customer service executive >> to a Utah Office.

(Tier II Phone Support) I was told.

I did not make a connection with them in any case because I do not have long distance service on my line., 

So I cannot tell what is at the other end.

Once you are connected there is a waiting period - like any place else you have to wait for service.

I would have used my speaker phone in the case of having Long distance service.

May there be rest found for all in a solution to the problem, keep working!

Stephen

Contributor

I wrote a response to you, Ruth, but for some reason, this forum would not let me post it saying I used a "dirty word,'Xfinity Insider'", whiile I was referencing whether you are one or not, your CS should be the same as if your happy with one or two services, you may want the three-in-one package. Anyhow, I spoke with CS and the tech guy who came out to the house and they suggested you try live chat as that has worked for many people. Since I don't know what area of Comcast country you are in, your problems with CS support are foreign to me(pardon the pun) as I was only routed to a non-English speaking country, once in the decades I've had Comcast-under different names, but it evolved in to Comcast.  Anyhow, what the tech found out was I water in the line that leads from the house to the pole and in the matter of less than an hour, he returned with another tech, put in the new line and now everything is working great. What CS suggested and so did the Tech guy was that you try live chat, Ruth, as many people have gotten help with that. Also, if you feel you were treateed badly, you can ask to speak to a supervisor in the custmer retention department and explain what you have gone through. The majority of the excellent service reps at Comcast want to keep you and do care. Also, as good as the service protection plan is, eight out of ten times, it does involve it being a Comcast issue and when it is, that is fixed for free-such as what the Tech found out when he came to my house. I'd say more about who you can contact, but since my last post was censored, I don't want to be spyed upon again. I offered some other suggestions the CS and tech guy gave me, but apparently I can't post them here. Wish I could pass it on, but I guess they look for certain words in posts and I had this message "you have to clean up your last post" before I could post this. Anyhow, if you aren't happy there are all kinds of steps you can take to get your issue resolved. Hope it works out.

Linda

Contributor

Thanks Linda for all your help.  I have not had the strenght to deal with it for now.  So I had to let it go for a few days One day when Im up to it again will call them I got Tech 2 tier support phone number from Stephen will try that next when I feel like dealing with this mess.  I have Comcast Cable Internet and Phone....Package was cheap when I first got it now it has gotten real expenisve....I am seriously thinking of keeping just the cable switching to Verizon Phone and Internet.  Had my nose full./

Contributor

Ruth:

Before you depart to a competitor, call the retention department. I was paying an enormous sum every month for the three-in-one plan, spoke with them and without losing anything, including my premium channels, I locked in a great price for two years. Defintely speak with the retention department as they do truly work to keep their customers happy and with Comcast. Don't throw in the towel yet!

Linda

Contributor

Well all is well that ends well! First my PC fried! Then I got a call from Comcast that my caller ID was working on my PC they upgraded my system! But not having a PC to work with could not tell! Yesterday bought a new PC with windows 8 . Not liking it but caller ID works! Hurray. Thank you Stephen and Linda for all your support! :-)
Contributor

Ruth,

Gee.. I didnt know that was going to happen..

Though' I am happy you" can now start anew.

Stephen

Contributor

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Contributor

:-)
Contributor

Happy to hear the callerID works, but sorry to hear your computer got fried.  I'm in the process of going with an AIO dektop, but I refuse to have Windows 8 and I can't wait until some point in 2015 when Microsoft is allegedly coming out with a "Windows 9" that tech speculators are saying will be more like the Windows 7 platform.  I know many people really like 8 or 8.1, but I feel it's more of a Tablet-type system as the last thing I want to do is constantly jump up and touch the screen on the computer I'm using for work! Anyhow, really happy to know you had success and hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your new PC! Take care!

Linda