New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID not working on TV

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Caller ID not working on TV

After several months of getting a new set top box and adding digital phone to my service, the caller ID on my TV is still not working (but it works everywhere else including my PC and smartphones). I have contacted your service department and help lines at least 3 times. I have been told the problem would be escalated and nothing ever gets fixed. I have power cycled the box numerous times to no avail. The caller ID option is turned on in the interactive TV menu and I have a set top box that supposedly supports this feature.

Accepted Solution

Re: Caller ID not working on TV

Caller ID on my TV works now!

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Do you meet all the requirements stated below:

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=b2c1c60d-b62f-4820-ab61-9b4dd6c650fa

Tv activation

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=36fe1ba1-2849-4cf1-a04b-345cc0b110ec

If not call comcast and ask them to check to see if you have the proper coding in your account.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have a DCH3416 which is on that list and I have checked the caller ID setup under iTV numerous times. And, I have talked previously with comcast about whether my account is setup for this (they said yes).

Frequent Visitor

Just talked to technician on phone. My account is enabled for caller id to TV. They tried sending a popup to my TV and that didn't show up, so tomorrow they are going to swap my box out.

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

The tech is here right now breaking open the package on a brand new set top box. We'll see how it works out.

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID on my TV works now!