Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID not working on T.V or iPhone and IPad. Works on PC

Contributor

Caller ID not working on T.V or iPhone and IPad. Works on PC

The new guide that includes caller ID was installed in my area this past Wed. However the caller ID on TV was not working I reported it to Comcast and have not heard back from them in the meantime it has also stopped working on the apps.
New Poster

Re: Caller ID not working on T.V or iPhone and IPad. Works on PC

When is it going to start working ? I was supposed to have thie two years ago ?

New Poster

Caller I.D. not working on T.V. Smiley Sad Not happy!! Whats the problem?

New Poster

ID on the TV has never worked since X1 was installed back in August 2013. Made numerous support calls then and was nevere resolved, kinda gave up...have to start calling them again

Contributor

At this point I can keep having it not working on the TV but now it's not working on my mobile apps which I could really use.
Regular Contributor

i had to contact comcast and they had to add caller id to tv.  now i am waiting for cable box to update.

Regular Contributor

well caller id stil not working.

Contributor

It had been working with the mobile apps it got loaded on one of my boxes last Wed. But did bot work on TV so I reported it to Comcast. Then the mobile apps stopped sending the notification when a call came in on both the iPhone and iPad. Haven't. Been able to get much from Comcast other than there is an open ticket. That's when I decided to try my luck with the Forum I've seen where they have resolved issues for others in the past.
Contributor

Got a voice message from Comcast stating the issue was fixed and if not to call back. Of course the issue was not fixed I called back had to start back from scratch the tech said they had to do some troubleshooting and call me back.

They called me back and said the TV caller ID was not working because there was an issue in my area so I asked what about the mobile apps. She had no idea what I was talking about said she was going to put me on hold came back and said she had gotten advice and indeed the mobile apps were theirs but that dept. didnt deal with it and I had to call back.

This is been going on since last Wed and I get handed from one tech to another tech none knowing much and refusing to pass the call to somebody that does. Was hoping someone here would help but havent seen any Comcast Employee jump in.

Regular Contributor

still doesnt work on tv for me.  that is only place i want to have the caller id.

New Poster

Caller ID has NEVER worked for me. I call Comcast and all they say is either 1. Say it should be working and they don't see a problem on their computers. 2. The box is faulty and I have to trade it in for a fixed box.   Once they even told me that its not available in my area. 

I went through the trouble shooting on the comcast site and it says, on my X1 box, hit MENU, go to ITV (which isnt there). When I explain this to Comcast they say its for another box.  Well why is it in the X1 troubleshooting area?

New Poster

I have the exact same problem. No caller id on ipad iphone and tv. This has to be a comcast problem and not a problem with my devices. Last night a tech had me delete and restart the app to no avail. Comcast should be proactive and contact us. Their techs do not know what's going on.
Contributor

A comcast tech told me there was a bug between the app and latest release of iOS and that seemed pretty solid however today some users posted that it started working for them<br>And they have the latest release so again I'm not sure they know what's wrong but it's definitely not your device. Check the xfinity connect mobile application thread there's more activity there.
New Poster

But if the problem is the latest iOS, why doesn't the tv work?
Contributor

The option on the TV was recently added and they said it was not yet available, frankly Im letting that one go at the moment, I rather have caller ID feature on my mobile devices working again so I can see calls when Im not home. 

New Poster

I've had caller id on my tv for over a year and it stopped when the ipad and iphone did.
Contributor

That statement and the fact that others said theirs stopped and started working again with the latest release is letting me to start thinking they just wanted to close out the ticket. TV not available, Apps have to wait to next release = done for now.

What can I say?

New Poster

My coaller I.D. is not working on my TV and after over ONE HOUR on the phone with the off-shore people and Florida, It still is not working. This is what we get for doing business with a monoply.