Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID not up on DVR cable box

Regular Visitor

Caller ID not up on DVR cable box

I am aware there was a problem with the Interactive TV feature this last weekend.  Monday night, I noticed that the iTV feature was working on my basic cable box but that it does not respond at all on my DVR cable box.  Can you help me to resolve this problem? Thank you.

Contributor

Re: Caller ID not up on DVR cable box

Terry Mahnke
Repair Technician II / Incubation.
National Activation Security & Repair (NASR)
Regular Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me.  Initially, the iTV or menu selection for Interactive TV would not respond to me at all, so I reset the box by unplugging power to it in back.  After a while, I brouight the box up.  This time, I was able to get the iTV and menu selection for the same to respond.  It did a "loading" thing and brought up two choices; one being Caller ID.  I chose that one and checked my settings.  Everything was as it should be and on.  I emailed my husband at work to call me to test it.  Still, no joy.  Just thought I would update you on any troubleshooting efforts from here.  I'm a retired Navy IT who still has pretty sound T/S skills.

Keep me posted on any updates from your end.  I think I've done what I can from here.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. Initially, the iTV or menu selection for Interactive TV would not respond to me at all, so I reset the box by unplugging power to it in back. After a while, I brouight the box up. This time, I was able to get the iTV and menu selection for the same to respond. It did a "loading" thing and brought up two choices; one being Caller ID. I chose that one and checked my settings. Everything was as it should be and on. I emailed my husband at work to call me to test it. Still, no joy. Just thought I would update you on any troubleshooting efforts from here. I'm a retired Navy IT who still has pretty sound T/S skills.

Thank you for sharing with us Kbluschei, I will keep everyone update as news comes out on the issue with the TV caller ID, at the moment they are still working to completely resolve it.

Thank you
Comcast Vic.