Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID login failed

New Poster

Caller ID login failed

I tried to setup caller id on my laptop, but everytime I tried to login, it said fail and I am using primary account, did not forget password, this is a one year old computer meet all the requirement. What is wrong? I uninstalled and reinstalled still not working. Can anyone help from Comcast/Xfinity?

New Poster

Re: Caller ID login failed

Same problem here. Just started happening recently after working fine for a few months. It would be nice if Comcast actually had someone monitoring this forum and at least acknowledged the problem. A web search shows it's been a problem for years, so even if it's some kind of stupid user or firewall issue one would think Comcast could point us to a nice web page describing how to fix the problem.

Contributor

As I understand it this service is not available in all areas and it's not easy to find out which areas it is available. Either way I'm sure it's cost is incorporated in our monthly bills! I think I'm just going to delete it and chock it up as another Comcast future option to be paid for now!! 

Mike  

Frequent Visitor

That's exactly what they want you to do. That way they don't have to waste their time handling customer problems. And, it goes on &on &on &on...and they keep collecting your money each month. If I don't get an issue resolved I dont pay for it. Your bill breaks down the cost of each of your services. Find the one that relates to your caller id service and let them know they have one billing cycle to credit your account then deduct that amount from your payment the following month.