Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID info not displaying correctly

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID info not displaying correctly

When I call my home with my Verizon cell phone, caller id shows only "Cell Phone, FL xxx-xxx-xxxx on my tv or home phones.  Not my name .  I have a new cell number and called Verizon about how it should display and they have it as my name and number.  I have tried calling different land lines and it shows up correctly.  Verizon says it is a xfinity problem that they dont have my number in some kind of database to display my name.  Other landlines I call (att) display my name.  I need this corrected as my 87yr old mother will not answer the phone if she does not know the name of the caller.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID info not displaying correctly

This was on another post:

SOLUTION TO CORRECT CALLER ID SHOWS WRONG NAME. You the  person with the wrong name showing on your caller ID must call  NEUSTAR 1-800-682-7487 Comcast's caller ID Database. If a live person answers say you want to place a report for  incorrect ID. If an automated recording is received press #5. You will receive the automated system  you will leave  a voice mail for the phone number showing the incorrect name example 1-888-888-0000 give the correct name including spelling for the correct caller ID name. The correct name will appear 24 to 72 hours later.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID info not displaying correctly

Thanks for this info.  I called, gave my info and in about 3 days caller id is now displaying correctly from my cell#.  Thanks again!