Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID has stopped working

New Poster

Caller ID has stopped working

My caller ID has stopped working? It has been working fine, but suddenly stopped.   How do I re activate.  I have followed the instructions provided by the Xfinity web site, but it is still not working

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: Caller ID has stopped working

New Poster

ME TOO!

New Poster

Caller ID has stopped working on our TV but phone is fine.  Comcast must be having issues!  I went through all steps to confirm it was set to ON for the TV (https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/settings-for-the-universal-caller-id-to-tv-app/)...  Nothing helped.  Called Comcast and was on hold for 22 minutes.  Technician sent a signal that showed up as caller ID.  Unfortunately calls still do not register, and was told that they were opening a service ticket

New Poster

my caller ID on TVS has stopped working.  Checked status in Menu & said it was on.  Help!

New Poster

My caller ID has also stopped working. Help, went to menu, caller ID is activated. Recycled modem, still not working.

New Poster

My caller ID has stopped working? It has been working fine, but suddenly stopped.   How do I re activate.  I have followed the instructions provided by the Xfinity web site, but it is still not working.

Regular Visitor

Any lucki, if so what did you do to activate again?

New Poster

Caller ID on TV has stopped working.  I cannot get through from phone to 1-800-comcast,

New Poster

Called comcast today. Was told there is a problem with that feature. They are working on it. Mine has not been working since Sunday.

Frequent Visitor

Same here no Caller Id on TV for 3 days now I get it on the Phone but that not a help really since it  too far away to see unlike the Tv when i am screening due to recoreded robo calls .. If I unplug my box to reset it takes hours sometimes almost a whole day to even be able to  my guide or see what isalready in my DVR recoreded or schedule to be .. My Modem/router gate way has back up battery power so unplugging it is a waste of time .. unless I pull the battery which they warn against doing.. when tech installed it (it is New) he told me do not mess with the reset. either it can do more harm than goodit can take it back to factory & they would have to reset it up all over again.. But looks like this is a comcast issue by all the comments so guess we wait for comcast to get to it .. not counting on them seeing anything here .. posted about truble with the web mail trash not emptying and its still not fixed .. no so called comcast techie monitor which I thought these forums all had from comcast even  replied .. doubt they even know caller Id on TV is having an issue.. half the time they don't know an area has an outage for internet/wifi  until someone calls for tech support becuse they  they have a problem connecting.. if they can get thrugh at all.  

Frequent Visitor

don't think you can looks like its a comcast iissue they may not even know about yet.. 

New Poster

It is now working again, apparently Comcast has corrected the issue.  It would be nice if Comcast Customer Service  would proactively  notify customers of problems with service.  This would save customers a lot of time trying to figure out how to correct  

Frequent Visitor

Working fine now mine came back last night .  I ffigured it would eventually when they becameaware of the problem being on thier end.. If they Knew earler it probably might have been shown as an issue being worked on under status on our comcast pages.. but it wasn't .. they do not make a habit of informing customers of much even scheduled service down time .. they Only Put it up on the site where most cistomers rarely ever see its not all that easy to get to unless you Know exactly where to look.. taking a little time to send out alret emails for certain things would be much more effective to keep us informed but that won't happen.. since so much is outsourced and none werever they may be know what is going on other than where they are.. don't think i have talked to anyone even remotely local to my area in years except when a tech comes to my house.. anf belive it or not the service center where they come out from is only a few blocks away from me.. SMH 

Service Expert

synchronicity wrote:

Same here no Caller Id on TV for 3 days now I get it on the Phone but that not a help really since it  too far away to see unlike the Tv when i am screening due to recoreded robo calls .. If I unplug my box to reset it takes hours sometimes almost a whole day to even be able to  my guide or see what isalready in my DVR recoreded or schedule to be .. My Modem/router gate way has back up battery power so unplugging it is a waste of time .. unless I pull the battery which they warn against doing.. when tech installed it (it is New) he told me do not mess with the reset. either it can do more harm than goodit can take it back to factory & they would have to reset it up all over again.. But looks like this is a comcast issue by all the comments so guess we wait for comcast to get to it .. not counting on them seeing anything here .. posted about truble with the web mail trash not emptying and its still not fixed .. no so called comcast techie monitor which I thought these forums all had from comcast even  replied .. doubt they even know caller Id on TV is having an issue.. half the time they don't know an area has an outage for internet/wifi  until someone calls for tech support becuse they  they have a problem connecting.. if they can get thrugh at all.  

Synchro,

If it takes hours for your boxes to reset and receive signals ( guide/recordings ) then you have issues that are not apparent with your signal levels.  You should seriously get a Comcast Tech on-site to take a look at your signal levels/ entry points/delivery method/splitters/etc ... something is very wrong!!!

Good lLuck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Boxes reset  ok signial is fine just had it all checked it's  the guides to view what is on TV channels on  menue that take a long time for many channels to to get back to normal and not say to be announced..and other times it can be normal in an hour after box is unpluged either accidentally or to rest .. more annoying than a problem when it takes too long especailly when i want to set a program to record on my main box with the DVR . Thnaks for reply..  

New Poster

May I asked what caller id are you speaking of?  the one your phone or the one on the box?  If its the box, call into Comcast to confirmed that the User Id code is on the account, you need the code on your account to state caller id so that you go to the icon on the box to make it work.  If its your phone, have you check the phone lately?  I hope that it helps.   

New Poster

There is a code on the account for caller id, inorder for the box to work...and how old is your box, ???  Sometimes boxes do fail.  If they confirmed that the code is on the account and the box isnt working, either replace the box,or have them send in a ticket to find out why...i hope that this helps. 

Frequent Visitor

It was  caller Id on the TV and Comcast finally fixed the issue a week ago..it was wide speand all ovee the US not only one area it was a comcast technical issue we finally learned aftetr they fixed it.. this topic is no longer an issue 

New Poster

It never worked from the install day three days ago, I called cust service an got a reference number. This morning it started to work, this afternoon it stopped.