Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID has NOT worked for me in a very long time

New Poster

Caller ID has NOT worked for me in a very long time

I called Comcast a few months ago and it was suppose to be fixed but it seems nothing ever happened. The guy did say something was wrong and that he fixed it. Changes should appear within a few days... but that never happened.

I've been very busy and haven't been able to further look into this issue or make any calls back to Comcast. But I figured I would post my complaint here and maybe I could get this issue resolved finally. 

I want to say that over the past 6-10 months, I've made 3 phone calls to Comcast but have yet to have the issue fixed. Still no caller ID on any of my tv's or my smart phone.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID has NOT worked for me in a very long time

Nobody?

New Poster

same here have called 3 times after long waits up 20 minutes one time

they said it was fixed but i still get that it being ffixed

Silver Problem Solver

this is a user to user forum, we cannot fix your CID issues.  have you unplugged your cable box to reset it?  do you have caller id enabled in the settings menu?

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've done both of those suggestions.

The last time I called Comcast, I was prompted to unplug my cable box. I followed the directions I was given but still have yet to get Caller ID back. I've also gone through the interactive menu and enabled the caller ID feature through there as well. The setting is 'ON'. But still no go.

Is there a forum here where I could get in contact with a Comcast tech that might be able to take a look into my account to help me out?

Silver Problem Solver

people who work for comcast names appear in bold red.  Look in the xfinity tv section you can PM them.  You can also send an email here.  What cable box do you have?   My guess is its just a setting on your account that has to be enabled.  My CID stopped working I called them up 3 days later it was back. 

Send an email to the We Can Help Team. we_can_help@cable.comcast.com Include: full name service address phone number account number link to this thread full details of the problems