Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID function

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID function

I've satisfied all the device requirements specs, followed installation instructions on iTV, receive message that  I am connected, yet incoming phone calls, on Voice, do not appear on either my TV or

laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID function

Absolutely same problem here. Sometimes it works for a day or so then not working for a few days, then out of the clear blue sky a call will pop up. No regularity to it what so ever. And the old, we'll boost your signal and it will be fine in 24 hours is just a brush off from their tech support. 

Contributor

Try this website. You need to make sure it's active for the box you're using.

Good luck!

peteshows wrote:

I've satisfied all the device requirements specs, followed installation instructions on iTV, receive message that  I am connected, yet incoming phone calls, on Voice, do not appear on either my TV or

Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to put the link:

https://welcome.comcast.net/x1/prefs/devices

Anon27867 wrote:

Try this website. You need to make sure it's active for the box you're using.

Good luck!

peteshows wrote:

Frequent Visitor

Anon27867

When I first tried to acess device settings for my equipment per your link, I got an "Device Settings are not Available at this time, Try Late."  I did try later and the 2 devices I wanted caller ID to show up on were clearly checked. I unchecked them and saved, then rechecked and saved. I shall see if anything improves. Thanks for the link!

PS: I did notice in the past that if I have PC Caller ID enabled and the program is running on my PC then they will also show up on the TV devices, somewhat confusing. 

Regular Contributor

this is for x1.  i dont have that though i called sales to find out if its available.  waiting for someone to get back to me.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response and Kudos. I intend to keep pursuing this issue with Comcast. I had an agent do a "Logmein" takeover of my laptop,the other day, in an attempt to get the Voice Caller ID

function to work. Unfortunately, we got cut off before he could get into the problem. Stay tuned.

Pete

New Poster

I too cannot get X1 Caller ID to work. I've got the boxes selected per the email address given and have it set up per all the places I can see. I've tried twice to call the phone service IVR setting and after one ring and a few minutes delay the phone hangs up. So no tech help available either.  What now coach?

Frequent Visitor

Hi, Thanks for checking in regarding this issue. As you can tell, from your attempts to get help

from Comcast, you need to be vey patient, and persistent. I'm sorry to say I hae not had the opportunity to follow up, yet. However, I can offer a couple of phone numbers (if you hve not tried these) with which I've had success reachig a customer service agent. They may transfer you, but

hopefully, you won't get cut off in the process. Good luck!!

800-266-2278

888-365-9994.

New Poster

Nowhere in the Comcast webpage or anything else I could find does it say you have to call comcast and have them set up Caller ID - but you do.

Frequent Visitor

Hi PapaGlade, Thanks for the feedback. Not sure you got my recent message about having called

comcast for help with the Caller ID for TV function. He did a "Logmein" to take control of my laptop.

Unfortunately, we had to interrupt his efforts, due to another commitment I had. It was taking him

longeer than I anticipated. I haven't, yet, gotten around to trying them again. Will retry when I can set aside a longer block of time. Stay tuned.

Pete

New Poster

Thats my point. They did not have to log into my computer. They physically have to do something on their end to set up caller ID. They told me it could take up to 24 hours for it to take effect but I immediately had caller ID.  It wasn't the teir 1 people that did it. They had to ship me off to someone else that take care of it as I recall.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID function, follow-up

Thanks, again, Papaglade. I'll give it a whirl as soon as time permits.

Regards, Pete

Frequent Visitor

Papaglade, and any other interested parties,

I just had a telecom with Linda, at Comcast's 800-934-6489. She walked me through the steps for

activating the Caller ID-to-TV function. She determined "there is a problem at their end of the service. She was notifying their "Tier 2 service center" to repair the problem, since she was unable to get

a test signal through to my system. She said to allow until Thursday morning to see if the Caller ID

is working. I may even hear from their technician(s) between now (Tues. 4/29/14-(9:25A.M/) and then.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Stay tuned.

Pete

Frequent Visitor

PAPAGLADE, et al, Perserverence, and the leads from several forum members, finally paid off. The phone call to 800-934-6489 (please see my earlier message regarding Tier 1, etc.) got results. I now have Caller ID displayed, for incoming calls, on my TV. I'm hoping it lasts. Will consider the issue

solved and closed. Thanks to all who provided input.

Pete