Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID does not appear on TV screen

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID does not appear on TV screen

As of yesterday, I now have a Comcast landline, in addition to both cable and internet.  Noticed that caller ID did not appear on TV screen just now when I tested from my cell phone.  What do I need to do?  Is this available everywhere, or only in certain locations?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID does not appear on TV screen

Hello,

Do you have a motorola or pace box if so since you have the triple play it may take some time to have it all activated. If it does not work in a couple of days then call 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity and tell them to check if they placed the ucid code on your account.

Frequent Visitor

No, my box is a Cisco.  Does this mean box needs to be changed?  Hate to have them replace box as I had many, many problems getting my cable up and running when I moved here.  Truly ridiculous number of calls to Service Reps plus house calls to get things right.

Cable Expert

The UCID on TV is not yet available in Scientific Atlanta / Cisco area's.  It will be coming in the future.

Replacing you box will not help, the whole system needs to be upgraded for the feature to work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well, at my age (68), I may never see it.  As mentioned earlier, I had many, many problems here in this area with initial service, so I'm not surprised they move slowly here with additional features.  Never had even one service call in 10 years of service at other locations.

New Poster

I didn't even know that caller id was supposed to be displayed on the tv screen!! I've had triple play for a little over a year and mine hasn't ever worked. Well, that was really good to know!!

Regular Visitor

i believe it only works on the digital channels.

Cable Expert

All channels when using a Comcast cable box are digital.  A cable box does not use any analog channels.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I've had HD Preferred XF Triple Play installed now for about a week, still no caller id on my tv, which is not

a HD TV, but get some digitial channels.  Asked installer if there would be a problem with caller ID because my TV was not a HD TV, and he said no.  Is this true, and if so, why is my caller id feature not working?

Cable Expert

If you have Motorola equipment and Comcast Triple Play, and the UCID on TV or PC is not working, then please contact Comcast support.  It would be code issues on your account preventing it for working.

Make sure the caller ID is enabled on the cable box by going into the interactive menu.

menu

menu

interactive tv / caller id

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon