New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID and text messages

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Caller ID and text messages

If a call is placed to my home phone number (Xfinity Voice) I get a caller ID pop up on my TV screen. Simple. Now the tough question no one can answer. Where is the feature of texting to a Xfinity Voice number and having a pop up on my TV screen? I am in the GBR Area.
Accepted Solution

Re: Caller ID and text messages

nsboston wrote:
If a call is placed to my home phone number (Xfinity Voice) I get a caller ID pop up on my TV screen. Simple. Now the tough question no one can answer. Where is the feature of texting to a Xfinity Voice number and having a pop up on my TV screen? I am in the GBR Area.

To be honest, I have not heard of texting notification to the TV....  SMS is not the same as CallerID....

View answer in context
Service Expert

nsboston wrote:

To be honest, I have not heard of texting notification to the TV....  SMS is not the same as CallerID....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes I know that. Go to settings, notifications in the X1 menu. Caller ID and text messages radio button ie: check box.
Service Expert

nsboston wrote:
Yes I know that. Go to settings, notifications in the X1 menu. Caller ID and text messages radio button ie: check box.

I'll have to check my X1 settings as its been so long since I have looked into those....  I would call the dedicated X1 service line @ 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and talk to a CSR about your request.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I sent SMS texts to my TV from my work location as far back as almost 2 years ago. Long before X1 was available. Now I have to upgrade to X1 to be able to do it? I cannot find any other information about it but I know this used to be a feature available to me. I have no plans on upgrading to X1 but would like to be able to SMS my TV so my family can get the messages. But I think in reality Xfinity has just pushed me a little closer to cutting the cord completely. I already pay thgrough the nose for a basic TV package and high speed internet, I am not going to pay another cent.

Service Expert

Alan_Dale wrote:

I sent SMS texts to my TV from my work location as far back as almost 2 years ago. Long before X1 was available. Now I have to upgrade to X1 to be able to do it? I cannot find any other information about it but I know this used to be a feature available to me. I have no plans on upgrading to X1 but would like to be able to SMS my TV so my family can get the messages. But I think in reality Xfinity has just pushed me a little closer to cutting the cord completely. I already pay thgrough the nose for a basic TV package and high speed internet, I am not going to pay another cent.

Yes,sending a small message directly to a TV in your home "WAS" available but that feature has now been removed by Comcast.  

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon