Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID Voice,and Who's calling?

Regular Contributor

Caller ID Voice,and Who's calling?

Most of the time when you wait for the service  caller ID voice announcement to tell whom is calling,you can't understand most of the time of the voice announcment voice on the phone who is calling from the caller ID voice that Comcast is using.If we use our speaker phone to listen to talk to people we can understand them.
Also when we listen and look on the screen (led) to see whom is calling we don't reconize the person,then we pick it up,and it's someone we know,and they are in our Phone book of the contacts .We had a call and it said a private caller,she was another person we knew,she is in our phone log,both her home phone and cell.
My wife called the house from her cell,and Caller ID said Cell Phone CA,what does this mean.Her name is Judy,and she was calling from here cell phone, we have att co. for her Cell,she is in the Home phone log as Judy's cell?
Where or how does Comcast know or use in there system of whom is calling for their caller ID system?Hope this all makes since? Hard for me to but into words typing.Thanks.
   Ron

Today I called my home phone from my cell in the house to listen to the cid voice announcement from me from my cell,and Cid voice said call from Cell Phone CA,I'm in the  phone book of the home phone has Ron's Cell.What's with this? wife's cell phone comes up with the same thing on the Cid  announcement to our home phone?

Ron

Message Edited by Extech on 09-20-2007 11:16 PM

Message Edited by Extech on 09-21-2007 11:31 PM
Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Regular Contributor

Re: Caller ID Voice,and Who's calling?

Hi Extech,

I'm currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have a resolution soon. Please check your email for a message from me.

As a reminder for everyone else, the fastest way to obtain assistance is to contact us via chat or telephone. However, if you prefer, you can contact a moderator via email.

Thanks!

Jim

Regular Contributor

Hello Extech,
I’m still trying to contact you (by phone) but I’ve had no luck in reaching you; though, judging by your email, it appears that the issue revolves around the way the CID (Caller ID) name and number are routed to our switching equipment.
In your email you said “my wife\'s cell phone.cid announces her name as “Cell Phone CA\"— her name on our home phone CID unit is displayed as “Judy\'s cell.”
With programmed, talking CID units, if the correct name and phone number are not displayed correctly, or if you are seeing any of the following messages on your caller ID unit, it means that the information is not being received correctly or completely.
Here is a short list of the types of messages that may be displayed on your CID.
Cell Phone CA
Unknown
Unavailable
Out of area
Private
Anonymous

I’ve also checked your account and confirmed that all of your features are coded and provisioned properly.
If this does not answer your question fully, please email me with the best time to reach you.
I apologize for the issues that you're having.
Jim
Regular Contributor

Hi Jim.when you been calling me likely I'm at work.
Every call we get from a cell phone from someone we know,and they are in the house phone book,the cid announces them has Cell Phone CA.
Yes and some Announced as Private
Here was a new one today,was a call from my wife friend,Cid announced her 1st name OK,but prononced her last name wrong,started off almost right.Wife and I looked at each other and laughed as friend's name was being announced.I guess the Cid system is not 100% perfect?
I read your post here that some problems are trying to be resolved.I have the patients.
Thanks for the reply Jim
       Ron
Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Regular Contributor

Hi Extech,
It sounds like the problem may be with your talking Caller ID phone. You may want to refer to your owner’s manual for some extra troubleshooting assistance.
If you need any further help please feel free to contact me. I left you with my contact information in the voice email and email that I sent/left you.
Jim
Regular Contributor

Which owners manual? The phone,or Comcast manual on the Cid?
   Ron
Regular Contributor

Went to retrieve our voice mail.Could not get to it.Comcast voice mail say's to send a message press a # .What happened?
Wife was ticked,she said if it would not be a Big problem she said she would drop Comcast,have everything taken out.
Never had any problems the old way with Comcast voice mail until we got this Package deal,had At&T before it was Comcast.Lived in this house for 32 years with Cable TV,then came the Internet,and so on.
Jim,wife called on her cell phone to the house phone,the Cid announced her name the right way instead of Cell Phone CA.
I did nothing on our end to correct it,must be Comcast end?
I just called Comcast and they tried to reset our voice mail up,but Comcast could not do it,they said that a tech has to do this latter,having problems on their end he said.It would be about 72 hrs before it may be fix,and we will not know because know one is going to call us to tell us.Comcast said we have to keep trying after 72 hrs.
If they get this fix I wonder what else won't work.or go wrong?
     Ron
Regular Contributor

Dear Extech,

What I’m referring to is the owner’s manual for your home phone. Please check the troubleshooting section for possible corrections. You also may want to consider calling the manufacture directly and telling them about the problem.

Furthermore, as you know, Comcast does provide and maintain the eMTA, as well as provide support for all of our features, but there are so many brands and models of home phone equipment available in the market place that we simply cannot support each and every one. In the final analysis, it is the customer’s responsibility to maintain his or her own equipment.

I also verified that a repair ticket has been opened for your voicemail problem. If you are still experiencing the same problem after 72 hours, please contact us or email me directly for assistance.

Jim

Regular Contributor

Wife went to Comcast,and talked to the Rep.He said 72 hrs.He said how told us that,wife said Comcast.
Rep.said now way will not take that long.
He did make appt. for us to chech it out and any other problems.
He also straightend out a Big problem,but that I will talk about it in the Cable TV.
Rep. said if we have any more or other problems come see him.Not bad so far.
I got home today and got in my Voice mail,FIXED.
I called from wife's cell phone,and Cid announcer OK on home still ok after the voice mail fix.
I called on my Cell phone announcer said Call from cell phone CA.
maybe wife will talk to Comcast service about it tomorrow.Thanks Jim.
Update:
     Jim I just went in our home phone ID caller set up,it said on.I saved again and exit.
I called on my cell again,announcers say still the same Call from cell phone CA.
I read our phone manual on the caller ID,said if unit does not receive caller ID info.
Out of area
Private caller
Long distance
It's funny,my Cell phone is a 408 area code,our home phone is 510 area.
Okay,2 days ago we got a call from our friend from Utah,out of area,but the announcer announced her name.Strange?
Maybe I'm missing something here,or don't understand it.
We will have the service tech explain or and chechnit out.
One thing I got to say,wife will always pick up phone and answer it anyway,unless it announcer says something else.One time it said New York caller?Did not answer that on for sure.
     Keep you posted Jim.
         Ron

Ron 

Message Edited by Extech on 10-02-2007 08:29 PM

Update:

Comcast Tech was here at the house today 10-3-7.He had to check our DVR,defective on the fast forward.

The Phone,everything was OK.

On the Cid,he said some call on the other end could be block,so the announcer may be diff.

He could not answer the one on why the wife's cell phone call announcer said Cell Phone CA,now all of a sudden says  Call from Cell phone and her name? Oh well.

Ron

Message Edited by Extech on 10-03-2007 07:44 PM