Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID Not working on HOME PHONE

New Poster

Caller ID Not working on HOME PHONE

I moved in January and since moving I have called Comcast several times because the caller ID on my phone is not working. It has never worked since moving.

The same phone, with same comcast features worked fine at our old house.

No one from Comcast can seem to tell me how to fix it. THey keep telling me to unplug my phone and do a power cycle. I've done about 15 of those, and have had my case escalated several times.

I also have AT&T phone line in my house (office/business line) and when I plug my home phone into my business line caller ID works just fine on AT&T. Caller ID works on my pc, and my tv. Just not my home phone.

Someone, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID Not working on HOME PHONE

Hello,

Do you have the exact same equipment as you did before the move?  In order for you to have caller id you will need the xfinity triple play a motorola or pace set top box. Other boxes may not be able to receive the caller id yet a software upgrade is done.

Have you tried a different phone that to see if it is not working?

Have you tried a different cord?

If you have all this then it is probable a coding problem on your account that comcast will need to fix.

If you can provide any more additional info that sure would be very helpful.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID Not working on HOME PHONE

The phone itself is the same. The equipment (set top box) I have is updated and all brand new.
Caller ID works on my TV and PC, just not for incoming calls on the phone. And it works for call waiting caller ID, just not initial incoming calls.

They've told me that they've reset my account, they even had someone come out here to the house to check everything and they can't figure it out.