Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID Help!

New Poster

Caller ID Help!

Hello there Everyone, wanted to what I am doing wrong with my Caller ID Info. I just added comcast phone service to my account and I was testing it out today. My question is that when I call from my Cell Phone or My Mom calls from her Cell Phone, for name it shows "Cell Phone" and then it shows the number. Why isn't it showing the name. I have added My Cell Phone and My Mom's Cell Phone in my address book in my account, yet it still will not shows the name.

Can anyone share your thoughts on this?

Thanks All!

Cable Expert

Re: Caller ID Help!

if your talking about the caller ID on the phone itself, it seems to me that about 50% of the inbound cell phone calls show up that way.  I do see some cell phone calls coming in with names, but not all.  I know prepaid cell phones do not have the name information passed through.

It seems to depend on the cell phone carrier and if it's a prepaid phone or not.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon