Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID Download/Cable Hardware

New Poster

Caller ID Download/Cable Hardware

I purchased the triple play because one of the features was TV and PC caller ID. I come to find out that the cable box provided doesn't even support caller ID and I am unable to even download the software to my PC. It seems like there has been absolutely no response from Comcast while plenty of customers are experiencing these issues. This level of customer service is completely unacceptable considering the amount pulled from my bank account each month. Please at least make an effort, Comcast.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID Download/Cable Hardware

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I just had the triple play package installed this afternoon.  Just like the previous post, my only reason for getting this package was the caller id on my TV and laptop.  Now I can't get the caller id to appear on my TV, and the only download button that appears when I try to install what I need on my laptop is for the iphone, ipad app.  So the only reason I installed the phone service doesn't work on my TV or my laptop.  If Comcast can't fix this tomorrow, I'm having it all uninstalled immediately.

Cable Expert

For Motorola equipped customers, it can take up to a week for the UCID on TV to start working.

For Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipped customers, the UCID on TV is not yet available to all systems.  This is a rolling upgrade that all SA equipped areas will get sometime in 2013 after guide updates.

The UCID on PC is problematic, and does not work for many subscribers on Motorola equipped systems.  It does not seem to have a high priority on getting it fixed.

The UCID on moble apps works well on Motorola equipped systems.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

It doesn't have a high priority on getting fixed!?!  You had a very high priority on taking my money after you told me that was one of the features I'd be getting.  Now you tell me that I can't get it and you don't think it's important to honor your sales claims.  Great way to do business.  If I can't get all the things that were promised to me, I'll be taking advantage of your money back guarantee.

Cable Expert

This is a user to user Community forum, you are not talking to Comcast here.

Don't shoot the messenger, this issue has been going on for almost a year.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My apology.  I thought you were a Comcast tech.

I have an Arris box that they just installed on the 27th of this month (yesterday afternoon) and all the settings are correct and I still can't get UCID on the TV or on my PC.  I haven't checked my smartphone yet because that capability doesn't really concern me.

Has anyone heard anything about this Arris box?  The only info I've found on it so far is that it's made in China (what a surprise!).