Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID Displays Number But No Name

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID Displays Number But No Name

The caller ID displays the phone number but no name of numbers that I have in my address book.  This is on both my phone and TV display.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have contact info in your address book, the names should appear when one of your contacts calls.  I was on the phone for over an hour with Comcast and they could not correct the issue.  The rep. finally told me he was removing the caller ID functoin and then he would put it back on.  He said it would take 24 hours to go into effect.  Still doens't display the names.  I think he just wanted to get off the phone.  I have ereased contacts and put them back in with no success.  Any suggestions?

Service Expert

Re: Caller ID Displays Number But No Name

mchariko wrote:

The caller ID displays the phone number but no name of numbers that I have in my address book.  This is on both my phone and TV display.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have contact info in your address book, the names should appear when one of your contacts calls.  I was on the phone for over an hour with Comcast and they could not correct the issue.  The rep. finally told me he was removing the caller ID functoin and then he would put it back on.  He said it would take 24 hours to go into effect.  Still doens't display the names.  I think he just wanted to get off the phone.  I have ereased contacts and put them back in with no success.  Any suggestions?

CallerID does not reference your Contacts, but rather the callerid dataset information passed from providers.....

See this link for more information about CallerID and how it works:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon