Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Called ID not working on either TV and only worked a few times on PC

Regular Visitor

Called ID not working on either TV and only worked a few times on PC

I just had new Comcast service installed.  The caller ID did not display on my TV's or PC.  I called Comcast and they indicated that they would add it to my account.

Today, it appeared only a few times on my PC (it's not working now) and never appeared on either TV connected to a Motorola box.  I've reset the box, but that didn't seem to work.  I also confirmed that I have compatible equipment via the Comcast website.

I'm totally at a loss as to why this wouldn't work...

Cable Expert

Re: Called ID not working on either TV and only worked a few times on PC

New service or new equipment takes 48 + hours for the databases to sync for the UCID on TV.  After 48 hours, power cycle the cable box by unplugging the AC power for two mintues.  Then power it up again.

If it doesn't work by Monday, then send a email to the Corp help team available on this forum at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

hi my voice id doesnt work either how did you or they fix it no help from cable co.

Frequent Visitor

I had Comcast Voice installed this weekend and am having the same issue.  I called support the next day, and they also said they needed to 'add' it to my account.  What is odd about that is that nowhere does it say, nor did anyone tell me you have to call and add it to your service, all the Comcast online help says it works automatically.  After waiting for another day and no caller id, I called support again.  This time the support person said that something was not done right the first time I called, and it was never added to my account.  After being on the line for about 30 minutes, he said they kept getting error messages and were trying to solve the problem.  A technician was given the problem, and about 15 minutes later they said it was resolved, and that I would have caller id in 24 hours.  Well, I still don't have it.  I see from another post that it can take up to 48 hours to sync, so I will wait another 24 hours and then send a message to the we_can_help email.  I don't think it's a deal breaker, but hey, if you advertise it, it should be available and work.  If not, don't use it as a selling point.  It was one reason I decided to switch.Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Update - I sent an email to Comcast regarding the issue last night.  Today, I received a call from someone at their regional office in Ann Arbor.  He indicated that there is a large scale outage for caller id on tv/pc and a national ticket was open.  He provided me with the ticket number and attached my ticket to the national ticket.

He mentioned the problem is that several servers are not linking properly and the ability to send UCID updates to our box to begin displaying the caller id info is also impacted.  He didn't have an ETA but mentioned the ticket was last updated around noon today.

He said he would follow up with me again tomorrow.  Stay tuned...

Frequent Visitor

Well hopefully they can get it resolved, we'll have to wait and see, I guess.  Can you post the national ticket number?

Regular Visitor

The national ticket number he gave me was ND017385659.  This morning, the caller ID is working on the bedroom TV, but not the family room TV or my PC.  The family room TV receiver is listed as compatible and I've downloaded the app for my PC so I have no idea why it would be working on one TV and not the other TV and my PC.

We will see what Comcast says when they call me today...