Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Called ID download to PC does not appear to do anything.

Regular Contributor

Called ID download to PC does not appear to do anything.

I had to rebuild my PC due to a virus getting through my protection.  I am now trying to download the Caller ID AIR file onto my PC again. When I get to the screen that has the DOWNLOAD button, the message appears that you need to download the AIR file and open it.  Hitting the DOWNLOAD button and getting the message then appears to do nothing.  Am I missing something? Yes, I am a Triple Play customer and was using this feature prior to rebuilding my PC.

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Called ID download to PC does not appear to do anything.

Try downloading and installing the latest Adobe AIR from adobe.com first, then install the Comcast caller id app.

See if that helps.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I already have the latest Adobe AIR on my PC.  I did try to download it again, and Adobe recognized I had it.  The message you get when you hit the Download Now button is "download and open the air file to begin installation."  I'm sorry, but the average PC user, not developer, would not have a clue as to what to do.  The only program  I see when I so a Start-Programs is Adobe Reader.  If I do a search on files for AIR*.* I don't have a clue what may start the application with the files that are found.

Can you provide any further help based on the above?  I appreciate your first reply.

New Poster

hey you need to get the latest adobe air to get the file...there is adobe then there is adobe air..so get adobe air and it will download right when u click on it..i had the same problem then chatted online with a comcast guy who told me.

New Poster

Hard to believe nothing on the xfinity page to tell you this... downloaded AIR and installation worked fine after that.

THANKS!