Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call waiting disconnects current caller

New Poster

Call waiting disconnects current caller

I have had the triple play service for a week. Ever since I had it, whenever I am talking on the phone and receive another call, the phone beeps once and then disconnects the caller I was talking to and connects to the new caller. If I press flash I am connected to the original caller, but being disconnected from the original caller kind of negates the purpose of call waiting. Please help I am getting nowhere talking to comcast service reps.
Contributor

Re: Call waiting disconnects current caller

We've had the problem for months and they keep saying it's fixed.  Supposedly due to our old house wiring or some such bs.  If my old wiring is not compatible they should not have sold me the system.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Gold Problem Solver

msgtnapa wrote:
I have had the triple play service for a week. Ever since I had it, whenever I am talking on the phone and receive another call, the phone beeps once and then disconnects the caller I was talking to and connects to the new caller. If I press flash I am connected to the original caller, but being disconnected from the original caller kind of negates the purpose of call waiting. Please help I am getting nowhere talking to comcast service reps.

You will need to contact Comcast.  You could try sending a PM to the one of the Moderators.  There User name shows in RED with the Comcast logo.  See this thread;  (clickable link)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Back in my Vonage days I had the EXACT same problem, Would get cut off of the curren call & connected to the 2nd caller. Turned out it was the phone I was using. Try another (different model) phone & see if it happens.
New Poster

I have the same problem and thought it was my old phone. Went out and bought a new one. Guess what! I still have the same problem.  It is annoying especially when it happens when I'm speaking with my elderly mom who panics when the phone goes dead. When she tries to call me back, the phone automatically goes into voice mail and then she really panics thinking something happened to me.

this is GOT to be fixed!! and soon.

Bronze Problem Solver

Don - I can personally relate to this and am having this escalated to our regional offices.

Please feel free to contact me should you experience any further issues.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon