Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call screening

Regular Visitor

Call screening

I am having trouble editing the numbers on my call screening I did not keep a list of the numbers I entered , so now I am unable to delete these numbers .
Contributor

Re: Call screening

I would also like to know how to delete numbers that I input wrong on the screening list. How can we find out what numbers we have on the screening list?
Gold Problem Solver

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Carole thanks for the help. But I tried that help link Before I posted. From the Comcast webpage:
  1. A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature.  The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list. (emphasis added)

When I go into the screening "feature" there is NO option to review the numbers. Only 1 to turn on-off, 2 to add numbers, 3 to delete numbers, and 6 to exit. 

So how do I delete numbers that were input wrong or now out of service without knowing the "Exact" number originally input.?

I am still having a problem getting to input numbers & when Comcast calls me to help, they call when I am at work. I would think they would realize that many people (like me) don't work at home. I can't be here to answer their calls at 10:15am or even 1:41pm.

Gold Problem Solver

Have you called 1800 comcast for help?  OR- Send a PM to one of the Mods explaining your problem & that you cannot be reached during your work hours.  the Mods have the Comcast logo and their User ID is in red- Off hand, one is Comcastcares  Scroll through the digital phone forums and you should see others here & there.  Sorry I can't help you further.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Contributor

Steven-H

We are able to access by the following

1. Dial *60 (To Access Menu)
2. Dial 1 (To Edit List)

We are unaware of any network issues or outages.

We will have one of our regional contacts contact you to verify everything is working.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have received several calls from Comcast. Most of them are that the 'feature' is working fine & no network issues or outages.
But they call while I am gone to work.
But I did get calls from a local rep named Bonnie who seems genuinely concerned about my problem. She also e-mailed me. Hopefully since she is local she can help me get this fixed.

Regular Visitor

I have tried all of the idea"s mentioned for editing or removing numbers from my call screening #1 turns the service on and off ,#2 adds numbers to the list, and #3 deletes numbers from the list only if you have a list of those numbers Any more idea"s

Message Edited by jay1955 on 08-23-2008 10:16 AM
Contributor

I did receive some verification from my local rep Bonnie. She tried to access this "feature" from her home phone & has the exact same problem I do. She has reported it & hopefully somebody at Comcast can fix this "feature".
Contributor

An update, My local rep Bonnie has indeed been able to get the call screening "feature" to work. Thank you Bonnie for you help working through several e-mails & a phone call or two. I seriously believe that without your help, this "feature" would never have worked for me.
Steven
Regular Visitor

What was the answer to edit the list.  I am having the same problem today when I was working with "the list" that I do not know what I put in there previously.
Thanks.
Regular Visitor

According to my info from Comcast, there is NO way for customers to see and/or hear what numbers they have entered on their list.
It is up to the customers to keep a record of the numbers that have been added or deleted.

I know this is Not a very customer friendly way of doing it. But at this point that is the way it is done.
I do understand that Comcast has been informed that there should be a way to edit the list & are reviewing the suggestion.

I hope there eventually will be a way for us to see and/or hear the numbers on our lists. Then if we did make a mistake entering a number, we could delete it & start over.

Gold Problem Solver

k518 wrote:
What was the answer to edit the list.  I am having the same problem today when I was working with "the list" that I do not know what I put in there previously.
Thanks.

You could try sending a PM to a Moderator for assistance... There user ID will be in RED with the Comcast logo.  Copied below is the information for call screening, but you may have already seen this & tried it, so don't know if it is functioning or not.

To use Call Screening:

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *60.
  3. A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature.  The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list.

Regular Visitor

I have called Comcast Support several times on this same issue. There is no option on *60 to list the numbers you have added to call screening. I just got off the phone with Comcast 800 support in St Johns NB on a case I opened days earlier CR145753670 and was told the call was closed no resolution.  The issue still exists and after being on hold countless times, explaining the issue countless times John tells me the issue is not a “Comcast” issue and I should know what numbers I added to *60 as he would of done so himself.  I told him the ISSUE is there is no option on *60 as stated in the FAQ to list the 12 numbers you have added to call screening.  So if the list option is broken how it is that it is my issue not a “Comcast” issue.  John was deeming, rude, smug and at one point laughing over the issue.  When I asked to speak to a supervisor he put me on hold then came back to line and told me no one was available have a nice day. ** Updated 1/10/09 ** Issue is now resolved.  I am now able to get a full menu of options using *60 and was able to delete my old list.  

Message Edited by spmccarthy on 03-03-2009 09:30 PM
New Poster

I have an unusual problem.  You see, I think I am being harassed by a stalker who is calling from a Private Number (according to my Caller ID) because this person keeps calling me and not saying anything at all.  It's starting to bother me quite a bit since it could very well be someone against whom I have an active restraining order.  What makes it worse is that I have several trusted friends from my church who also have Private Numbers, and I can't exactly block them out either.

Is there any way I can deal with this other than using my answering machine to screen out all my calls?  Is it possible to get a list of phone numbers that have called me in the past two months just so I can know if this person who is prohibited from calling me is violating the restraining order against him?  That way, I can just screen that one number so that he'll never bother me on the phone again.  The police will need proof that he is harassing me, and without a phone number I've got nothing.

Email Expert

Do you know the stalker's phone number? I think you can put the number in call blocking even if it doesn't display in caller-ID.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I checked my call screening tonight (1/8/09) & Comcast now has a way to review the numbers on the list.

I don't know when they activated it but it worked for me.

Thank You Comcast.!!

New Poster

How does it work?  I have tried everything suggested by Comcast reps and nothing works! I still cannot access a list of the "screened" numbers to delete them because I have lost "the list" of the screened number I input over the course of the last couple years.
Frequent Visitor

I used to be able to hear what numbers I put on the list, but all of a sudden I can't anymore. Very frustrating.