Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call screening and evolution of spam calls

New Poster

Call screening and evolution of spam calls

Now a days we receive so many unwanted phone calls and the caller id does not specify the caller.  For example, we get the city and state calling, but not the actual caller's identity. This seems to take the identity out of Caller ID. In addition, I receive calls from "Not Available" with a four digit code.  Because it's only a 4 digit number, I can't screen these calls. 

What is Comcast doing to catch up with the evolution of caller id?  We have the right to block any of these calls.  In addition, we should know who exactly is calling and not just where the call is coming from.   We can block a sender from email? Why can't we just block all calls that say "not available"??  

Comcast, instead of spending so much time screwing up the channel lineup so we have to search endlessly for our tv channels, please focus on this technology and how to get ahead of it so we aren't exposed to so many spam phone calls!!!

Service Expert

Re: Call screening and evolution of spam calls

5djdj wrote:

Now a days we receive so many unwanted phone calls and the caller id does not specify the caller.  For example, we get the city and state calling, but not the actual caller's identity. This seems to take the identity out of Caller ID. In addition, I receive calls from "Not Available" with a four digit code.  Because it's only a 4 digit number, I can't screen these calls. 

What is Comcast doing to catch up with the evolution of caller id?  We have the right to block any of these calls.  In addition, we should know who exactly is calling and not just where the call is coming from.   We can block a sender from email? Why can't we just block all calls that say "not available"??  

Comcast, instead of spending so much time screwing up the channel lineup so we have to search endlessly for our tv channels, please focus on this technology and how to get ahead of it so we aren't exposed to so many spam phone calls!!!

Essentially, spammers/telemarketers are using software to mislead the Callerid that you see in order to try and trick you to answering the call... what you can do is look into adding NoMoRobo to your Voice system and it will cut down on known bad guys within their database... this does work with Comcast Digital Voice and you can visit the website @ www.nomorobo.com

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon