Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call return never works

Contributor

Call return never works

When I do a *69 and then press one to return the call it NEVER works --- " your last incoming call can not be called automatically " 

These are domestic calls ( land line or cell ) and the caller is not blocking caller id.

Anyone have a fix for this ?  

Contributor

Re: Call return never works

Why doesn't CALL RETURN using *69 ever work ? 

Problem Solver

Re: Call return never works

Call Return only works with the most recent caller. At this time, if you attempt to return a call from an international, long distance or mobile telephone number by pressing 1, you will hear an error saying "Your call did not go through".  This does not indicate a problem. 

The automatic callback aspect of the Call Return function will only work with local landlines. This feature will not work with inbound callers whose  caller id displays "Unknown" or "Out of Area" or a similar message. Call Return may be activated against the first caller in a 3way call, but not the second.

If you are experiencing this issue with local landlines numbers please let me know and I will investigate this feature for you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-