Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call blocking

New Poster

Call blocking

Can we get a Global Comcast blocking list going?

As you all know, we are tired of getting calls from telemarketers.  Yea, its a job for some and its a business for others but I am on the national do not call list and sometimes we cannot track the numbers where they are coming from. 

I like to do 2 things here.

1) I know we have call blocking up to 25 phone numbers but this list has a habit of growing beyond 25 callers.  Instead, I like to propose a option to send the number to be blocked to a Comcast Global block list.  If its determind that its from a telemarketer, its block on comcast networks. It would be better to find out where the telemarkters is comming from and block it at the source.  Like we can do that.

2) is there a way to track down these number and prevent them from calling.  If not, can we increase the call block list to 100? 

Personally, I like to submit the phone number to comcast globel list and let a trained tech figure it out.  If its true its a telemarketer, then add it to the comcast block list.  So if the telemarketers calls a comcast customer it will automatically be rejected.  In additoin, we can take the number off our personal block list.  Its something to look into.

Service Expert

Re: Call blocking

achong0007 wrote:

Can we get a Global Comcast blocking list going?

As you all know, we are tired of getting calls from telemarketers.  Yea, its a job for some and its a business for others but I am on the national do not call list and sometimes we cannot track the numbers where they are coming from. 

I like to do 2 things here.

1) I know we have call blocking up to 25 phone numbers but this list has a habit of growing beyond 25 callers.  Instead, I like to propose a option to send the number to be blocked to a Comcast Global block list.  If its determind that its from a telemarketer, its block on comcast networks. It would be better to find out where the telemarkters is comming from and block it at the source.  Like we can do that.

2) is there a way to track down these number and prevent them from calling.  If not, can we increase the call block list to 100? 

Personally, I like to submit the phone number to comcast globel list and let a trained tech figure it out.  If its true its a telemarketer, then add it to the comcast block list.  So if the telemarketers calls a comcast customer it will automatically be rejected.  In additoin, we can take the number off our personal block list.  Its something to look into.

These are all great suggestions, but it is highly unlikely that Comcast would make that kind of investment at this time since this is an issue high up on the FCC's list of issues with phone providers.  Likely Comcast will wait and see how that pans out first...

FWIW, a service, NOMOROBO is in existence and it works quite well with the Comcast Voice Services.  I use this and my spam/unwanted calls went down by a factor of 99%...  sure the occasional call will get through but I can contact NoMoRobo and recommend that the number be added t their database.

For information about using NoMoRobo, visit the website here:  www.nomorobo.com

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Nomorobo has caught nearly all robo calls. Thanks for the tip as to referring "un-caught" numbers to them. Having 25 numbers and Nomorobo is leagues ahead ofVerizon, who is glad to charge you to block numbers. So, I forward my cell messages to the Nomorobo number. The ID of those I know is captured and I can call them back.

Now, if Xfinity could just take a few thousand clicks or so out of navigating their site :-/ I have the latest version os Safari and it kicks me out for too many re-directs.

New Poster

Call blocking on Comcast is inadequate.  There is a far superior and comprehensive system available FREE, which has many thousands of telemarketing phone numbers in their database which they  block for you.  My wife recently came upon it and we have signed up with them.  So far it has been fabulous.  Calls are being blocked left and right.  The phone rings one time, then the caller is blocked.  I have heard a dozen one ring calls in the last few days.  You can also add phone numbers to their master list if it is not covered already by them if a call gets through their present phone numbers database.  Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.  They can be reached by going to nomorobo.com where you can read up on them, join, and enjoy an effective call blocking system!!!!   It is indeed FREE!!!!!!   This answers the post of achong0007 posted 12-05-15.  The global blocking list exists, just not on Comcast!