Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call Screening and deleting the numbers

Regular Visitor

Call Screening and deleting the numbers

For the several years people have been asking for access to the list of numbers they've entered to be screened out (*60) it is very poor service that Comcast has not addressed these requests.  I have triple play so I'd like to be able to see on Comcast's web site the numbers I've entered.  Short of that I'd tolerate listening to the list of numbers and owners of those numbers while having a selection to save or delete each and or all the entries.  My searching the messages shows this has been an irritation for five years.  What is comcast doing with the $200 I send them every month.  They aren't doing me much good for anywhere near that amount.  Think about it for close to $2500.00 a year I get no response to a 5 year old request, and let's not talk about the lousy TV menu functionality.  I was glad to see Comcast come in and buy out ATT in my area and wrap Internet, TV, and phone together.  But as we've grown older together with Comcast it seems one must lower expectations to remain satisfied.  What a lousy business model that is.  

You can call in and ask the IT department to go in and erase all entries attached to your phone line so you can start over again.  But it is apparently beyond them to allow user access and functionality to do the same.  

Message Edited by cywash on 12-07-2008 03:28 PM
Frequent Visitor

Re: Call Screening and deleting the numbers

Until the last few weeks or so, I could go through the numbers I blocked and erase some. Seems they changed it recently and I can't go through the list to erase any. I have to manually put the numbers in, I forget what they are,so I am stuck. I can't for the life of me figure out why they would change it. Really getting discouraged with Comcast lately. Loved the features when I first signed up, but it seems they like to change a good thing. the call blocking has really changed for the worse.

I lose my phone service every few weeks and have to reset my modem. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but I only realize my phone is out when I go to make a call, who knows how many calls I have missed in the mean time.