Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call Screened number still calls!

Contributor

Call Screened number still calls!

so does call screening service actually work? i am frustrated because several numbers i have on the list STILL call on almost a daily basis. 

i just tried accessing my call screen list which does not work- i get an error message dialog box. i had a chat with CS who couldn't figure it out.

he told me next level techs are now aware of the issue- .....WHATEVER!!

i have had my number on the National Do Not Call list since 2003 and still get these calls and the call screening is obviously not working at all since calls still get through.

i am tired of the 8am or 8pm spam calls when i have small children trying to go to sleep or are already sleeping.

this is unacceptable! i have no idea what to do next. i may just dump comcast since their services are not working.

anyone on this forum have any suggestions?

Service Expert

Re: Call Screened number still calls!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

ok, thanks. i'll be checking.

BTW i still cannot access the sceen calls list- i still get the dialog error box. let's see if this will work as an attachment

20160207_114450.jpg
Service Expert

carmichalski01 wrote:

ok, thanks. i'll be checking.

BTW i still cannot access the sceen calls list- i still get the dialog error box. let's see if this will work as an attachment

Now that I have seen your attachment, know that only a properly formatted number ( xxx-xxx-xxxx ) can be entered in the formatted area.  Numbers that are not properly formatted cannot be blocked  ( especially those identifying themselves with a 000-000-0000 or a system generated Vxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ).

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon