Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call ID only working on 2 out of the 4 TVs

Frequent Visitor

Call ID only working on 2 out of the 4 TVs

I had the any room DVR and 3 other HD cable box's installed yesterday. The call ID only comes up on 2 of my 4  TVs. The TV that works has the any room DVR  and the other TV has the normal HD box. I tried restarting the 2 boxes that didn't work several hours ago. I have the iTV icon on the 2 that work and no iTV icon on the 2 boxes that don't work. They also have totally different looking menus. Any suggestions or should I just wait it out. The channel guide loaded pretty quickly after the reboot but still have no iTV or call ID on those 2 TVs.

Cable Expert

Re: Call ID only working on 2 out of the 4 TVs

Only the full set top boxes or DVR's have the caller ID along with other advanced features.

If the two of your boxes are the small digital adapters, they do not do caller id, any other interactive features, On Demand, Premiums, digital preferred or Sports and Entertainment.

These DTA's would have the very small black remotes instead of the full silver or platnuim remotes.

Otherwise, post back with all model numbers of the boxes to get your issue escalated.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have the any room DVR package with 1 DCX 3400 DVR and 3 of the DCH 3200 boxes, not using any of the adapters. 2 of the DCH 3200 boxes don't have the caller ID or iTV on them.

Cable Expert

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the locak group to get it fixed.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Call ID only working on 2 out of the 4 TV's

Thanks

I came home today and found the one hub box, DCH 3200, that was displaying the iTV icon and caller ID yesterday is now gone. I also had problems with the hub boxes bring up the recorded items on the DCX 3400 DVR. I power cycled all the boxes turning on the DCX 3400 first and then the DCH 3200 hub boxes one at a time and got the hub boxes to pull up the recorded DVR items. I still have no iTV or caller ID on any of the hub boxes and lost it on the one hub box that I had it on yesterday. The iTV and caller ID is still displayed on the main terminal DVR DCX 3400 after today's power cycle but did not come up on any of the hub boxes.

Confused

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

Keisha

I tried your suggestions listed above and the iTV and Caller ID is still not coming up the the DCH 3200 boxes.

It is working on the DCX 3400 DVR. My daughter got a call from Roger at Comcast. I called him back and left a message to call me on my cell number. We will see how that goes. Thanks for the help and reply.

Frequent Visitor

I now have the caller ID on the 3 DCX3200 remote boxes and the DCX3400 DVR box.  What I still don't have is the iTV icon on any of the DCX3200 boxes and they have a different menu across the bottom of the screen when compared to the DCX3400 DVR when using the menu button on the remotes. I would think that the iTV it is set up on the DVR I should have it on the remote boxes too which 1 of them did when first installed but it is gone now. Is something is wrong with the programming on the remote DCX3200 boxes?

Frequent Visitor

No iTV icon in menu

Was having problems with the caller id on my any room dvr system 3 remote boxes DCX3200P2. One of the remote boxes had the iTV icon on the quick menu screen when installed but it is now gone after the caller ID fix was sent by Comcast. I now have the caller id working on all the boxes  but the 3 remote boxes have no iTV icon or screen they also have a different menu screen that comes up.  The DVR, DCX3501M  caller ID and iTV has always worked correctly from the install date. I have re booted all the boxes several times but that didn't work. The issue I have is I can't control the caller id function on the DCX3200P2 boxes with out the iTV screen. How does the iTV get fixed with out loosing the caller id?

Cable Expert

Re: No iTV icon in menu

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your latest post and will get your account codes straightened out.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

I still have no iTV icon in the menu on the remote boxes. Another 10 days has gone by and no one has contacted me about this issue. Caller ID is working on all boxes.