Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call Forwarding

Regular Visitor

Call Forwarding

My home phone system is unable to set up call forwarding via the key pad on it.  I have to go into your on line setup via my computer.  It is almost impossible to find every time I do it.  Your online directions are so out of date as to be comical.  Go to your search bar and read the instructions for computer activated call forwarding - rediculous.

1. There is no voicemail icon.

2. Telephone number and voicemail password - no place for that

3. #4 - there is no place to click Register

I could continue on, but won't for the sake of time.  Just try it.  I suggest you re type your directions every time you make a change to your format.  That may be tough because you change your format every week or two.  Barring that, will you send me an email explaining how to do it.

Cable Expert

Re: Call Forwarding

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum. You'll be talking to Comcast corporate HQ. They are higher up in the food chain and can help you get this resolved.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Call Forwarding

Not to worry you, but on Friday I needed to set up call forwarding to direct my house calls to my mobile phone because I had a few very important calls I needed to recieve. Ma Bell's method was *?? on the keypad and the number to be forwarded to. No such luck. The computer system is exhausting. And why should I learn that I can purchase a boxing fight before able to select "speak to a service tech"? Then, I could barely understand the Philipino I was sent to.

In any event, I had to download an app on my Mobile Phone, and "pull" the calls to my mobile. Once instructed though the app, there was a slight glitch. A message on my main phone informed callers that the phone they called was disconnected and no longer in service. Comcast said they would call me to set up an appointment. They needed to come to my house. "Do you prefer morning or Night"?

The problem was fixed Sat morning.

My advice is to check that the system is working correctly after setting it up.