Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call Forwarding Power Failure Feature Needed

New Poster

Call Forwarding Power Failure Feature Needed

I would like to suggest an optional feature that I had with my former VOIP service for power outages.The feature automatically activated call forwarding to a preset number (my cell phone) when the service recognized that your modem had lost power. I realize that with the 8 hour battery backup in the Arris modem most power outages would not activate the feature but, in the last 8 years in addition to the outage from Sandy we have had three other outages that lasted 15 hours or longer.

With the feature being automatic you would not have to think about activating it during an emergency when the power is out and once the power is restored the feature should automatically deactivate so you wouldn't have to think about turning it off. 

I think it would be really helpful to have this feature.

Regular Contributor

Re: Call Forwarding Power Failure Feature Needed

Your suggestion is great, and it would be a worthy addition to the Comcast Digital Voice portfolio. However, Comcast doesn't tend to peruse these forums very much. You can e-mail your suggestion to comcastcares_support@comcast.com for a human response and interaction. It's above their normal support chain, and they can ensure it gets to the right people.

In the mean time, a very large battery backup would be a great investment for your home. I live in hurricane prone Florida and the Arris eMTA doesn't use that much power. A larger UPS would be able to sustain the device for a long time, as long as you used a regular corded phone, not cordless. 

Connection Expert

Re: Call Forwarding Power Failure Feature Needed

You could put a cordless phone's base on the UPS as well. Some brands of cordless phone bases do have a built in backup battery. YMMV.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon