Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Call Blocking -- Not working

Regular Visitor

Call Blocking -- Not working

I have blocked anonymous callers but I still get calls from Not available.  These are the "Windows' scam calls. I just got one at 7:30 on Saturday morning.  How can I block this kind of call?

Service Expert

Re: Call Blocking -- Not working

julia12 wrote:

I have blocked anonymous callers but I still get calls from Not available.  These are the "Windows' scam calls. I just got one at 7:30 on Saturday morning.  How can I block this kind of call?

You cannot unless the number is displayed.  Not Available is not the same classification as Anonymous.  YOU can look to see if www.nomorobo.com can help with your issues though.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I thought about using nomorobo but this wasn't a robo call.  I just did the *60 blocking.  That list will probably fill up soon. ....

Service Expert

julia12 wrote:

I thought about using nomorobo but this wasn't a robo call.  I just did the *60 blocking.  That list will probably fill up soon. ....

I can tell you that when properly set-up, NoMoRob works very well as I use the service myself.  It does not block good callers ( your Doctor, Pharmacy, Friends, etc ).  You may need to look into this when your allotted number of call blocking entries is used up....   Smiley Sad

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

How do you activate call blocking?   I keep getting calls/and voice mails from a certain number every day that I wish to block.

Service Expert

Hardwaresue wrote:

How do you activate call blocking?   I keep getting calls/and voice mails from a certain number every day that I wish to block.

See this link for instructions on using Call Screening:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon