Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

COMCAST TELEPHONE SUPPORT

Frequent Visitor

COMCAST TELEPHONE SUPPORT

SUBJECT: Back-Up battery for residential modem, for internet and landline phone service. this message is to document the service i have received on the phone from comcast reps.. this experience has been the most miserable i have had with comcast, ever, and none of it was necessary.. i have recently signed-on with the "bundle plan": cable-tv, phone, internet.. i received the modem and other eqpt., which was connected and works o.k.. the issue came to me when i decided to purchase a back-up battery for the modem.. i was told the battery is only available to be shipped to me, and i would be billed for the battery and a shipping charge.. i disagreed with these terms.. as comcast shipped the modem and support documents to me without charge, i saw no reason to be charged for shipping & handling for the battery as well, especially if i was willing to pick-up the battery at a store or warehouse.. this is where the trouble started.. i spent 7th and 8th of july making 20 phone calls to find out why comcast chose offers to only ship the battery to customers.. why cant comcast stock the battery in a room somewhere and hand them to subscribers who drive to a comcast store? why is it a good idea to ship the battery to customers AND charge for shipping? what prevents comcast from stocking the batteries and handing them to customers, should the customer wish to pick up the battery personally? whose idea was it to offer ONLY shipping and charge the $6 to ship it? why is it important to NOT offer the customer a choice of shipping or pick-up? if comcast can ship modems, etc. w/o charge, why cant the battery be shipped w/o charge? why cant the battery company track the number of batteries shipped each month and send a bill to comcast for reimbursement? am i missing something? if comcast is supposed to serve the customer, why dont i feel "served" at being billed $6 to ship a battery, when i feel comcast could just as well hold these batteries in a good place for pick-up by users? after being misunderstood by many reps on the phone, being put on hold and the line suddenly going dead, being routed to the comcast general menu (after i dialed the number for ordering a battery, and asked to speak with someone about the policy of only shipping batteries to subscribers), i finally was routed to "tech support" where i made progress.. i spoke to a rep named "NEL", a very helpful gentleman who took me more seriously than anyone else.. instead of merely repeating the policies for buying/shipping a battery, which i had heard a dozen times, he consulted his supervisor and told me a battery would be shipped to me free-of-charge.. the reference for this order is CR 480-604-962. i wish to compliment NEL for his understanding my issue without asking me to repeat my situation over and over.. i compliment NEL for not repeating anything he said to me, unless i asked him to.. NEL is a good guy.. he should go far with comcast, unless he chooses to go somewhere else first..