Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CHANGED MY HOME PHONE NUMBER WITHOUT PERMISSION

New Poster

CHANGED MY HOME PHONE NUMBER WITHOUT PERMISSION

I AM BEYOND UPSET WITH COMCAST.  I HAVE TRIPLE BUNDLE WITH COMCAST. COMCAST CUT OFF MY PHONE ON THURSDAY, JAN 7. THE LINE  WAS DEAD. THEY SET UP APPT FOR A TECH TO FIX MY PHONE AND RESTORE THE NUMBER. THE TECH ED DOESNT RESTORE MY NUMBER.   I HAD NO IDEAL MY PHONE WAS OFF UNTIL MY 70 YR OLD MOM TOLD ME SHE COULD NOT REACH ME. I HAVE TALKED TO NOLAN, DAVID, RON AND OTHER INCLUDING SUPERVISOR ABOUT THIS. ALL I AM TOLD THEY ARE ESCULATING THE TICKET IT WILL BE FIXED. WHO DOES THAT? WHAT SERVICE PROVIDER CHANGES YOUR PHONE NUMBER, DONT TELL YOU AND GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHY THEY CHANGED THE NUMBER IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS THEY GAVE MY PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER. I CALLED MY NUMBER TONIGHT AND A GUY ANSWER THE PHONE. WHAT KIND OF MESS IS THIS.   BECAUSE YOU A MONOPOLY IN MY AREA DOESNT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO OPERATE UNETHICALLY AND INCONVENIENCE ME. I SPENT ALMOST A WEEK TRYING TO GET THIS CORRECT. IT SHOULD NOT TAKE SUCH A LONG TIME TO CHANGE A NUMBER. IT DOESNT TAKE COMCAST LONG TO TAKE MY MONEY AND CHARGE FOR A SERVICE THEY CUT OFF FOR NO REASON.  COME COMCAST GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.