Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CDV

New Poster

CDV

When talking on the phone with someone, the phone cuts out, we can hear them ('most of the time saying Hello Hello, etc) but they can't hear us. This has been happening for about two weeks now. Have you heard of this?  and what can we do to fix it.

Sara Dunshee

Cable Expert

Re: CDV

Always first troubleshoot your CDV service by finding the eMTA telephony modem and press the indented reset button on the back panel where the cables attach, you will need a toothpick or some poker to get at the button.

You need to disconnect the cord feeding your phone outlets at the eMTA's L1/L2 jack and plug in a known good wired phone to give it a good test, this will isolate the inside phone wiring and phone equipment, especially cordless phones.

If the drops continue, you will need to contact Comcast support, they can do a health check on your eMTA and will decide on what will happen next, including sending out a tech to troubleshoot your eMTA and signals.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am only plugged into a cable line, no phone line. All the phones in my house are cordless and are not plugged into a phone line, not even the base phone.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue.  It's been happening on and off for about 4 weeks.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gold Problem Solver

saradunshee wrote: ... I am only plugged into a cable line, no phone line. ...

Please check again. If nothing is plugged in to the eMTA's L1/L2 jack you won't have phone service.

Email Expert

BruceW wrote:

saradunshee wrote: ... I am only plugged into a cable line, no phone line. ...

Please check again. If nothing is plugged in to the eMTA's L1/L2 jack you won't have phone service.

That's obviously not the problem. She said the problem is that she can hear them, but they can't hear her. If the phone weren't connected, she wouldn't be able to hear them.

I assume what she meant is that the EMTA isn't connected to the house's phone wiring, the base station is plugged directly into the EMTA.

Anyway, Sara needs to call Comcast to have them check the connection for problems.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Ok thank you, that's what I will do