Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CDV Problem - Other end can't hear! TV Pixelates

Regular Visitor

CDV Problem - Other end can't hear! TV Pixelates

I have been trying to get this issue resolved for approximately a month.   When talking on the phone with someone, the phone cuts out, we can hear them ('most of the time saying Hello Hello, etc) but they can't hear us.   At the same time, the TV is usually pixelating and the internet interrupts and service is lost for a minute or so.   We have had a tech out twice.  Once he changed the connection for connecting the service line to the line going into the house.   Second, he dropped a new line from the box to the house.   We are still have the same issues.   Yesterday was extremely bad.   We are getting more annoyed that this cannot be fixed.  It is not the modem either, as this affects the TV's as well.   The line needs to be looked at either farther upstream or at the box.   It is like taking a car to the dealer to get a rattle fixed, if it doesn't do it for you at that moment they are there, it can't be fixed.   The signal strength was great when the tech was hear and of course no interruptions in the service at that time.   2 hours after they leave it usually happens again!  We are starting to think that we might need to look at alternatives if it cannot be fixed as this is really getting to be annoying!   Has anyone else had any experience with this and what was the resolution.   Also, all the wiring inside the house as been checked as well.   This has happened before at least once a year, but this time they have been unable to resolve!

Cable Expert

Re: CDV Problem - Other end can't hear! TV Pixelat

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local people to get your issues fixed.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team late this week, or early next week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

-

We are looking into this issue for you. Someone should be contacting you about this matter.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem. Been going on for over a week now. Thought it might be my cordless phone. Than i switched to an old corded phone. Same problem, I can here them, they can't here me. Since i mostly speak with my girlfriend, I assumed it was maybe on her end. Now it happens no matter who calls.

New Poster

Your problem with your cdv is the upstream signal a.k.a. return path has either 1. an ingress problem, 2.a week return path signal level, 3. possible the coax line that feeds the eMTA is connected to a " house amplifier" I would have a tech come back out to your residence and perform a return path test with the headend techs and see what level of signal is reaching the headend.

I am a Comcast tech 4 have been in the CATV field for 19 years.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

New Poster

This exact thing happens to me.  I haven't taken the tie to deal with the issue because everything seems to take hours to resolve when I've had other issues.  Every phone call I make cuts out at some point and I can hear the other person saying "hello...are you there?" for about 30 seconds before it comes back.  At that point, I tell them I have my phone service through Comcast and it's the worst phone service I've ever had.

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Frequent Visitor

I did get an email response with some suggestions. Most were kinda ridiculous like is your corldess phone plugged in. But one of the solutions so far has worked.  Back of the modem is a small reset button. You need a pen or paper clip to push it in.  It said in the email, push it in, than wait about 5 minutes. I actually went away and forgot i did this and about 4 hours later i got a call and was on the phone for 10 minutes. Than later on i saw the comcast email and it occured to me the last phone call worked.  Now its about 5 days later and so far its working. Even with a brief power failure during Hurricane Irene didn't affect any calls i got since than.

Cable Expert

Everyone else that has jumped onto the OP's thread should be making their own new post if they want help, since everyone's issue is unique to their location and account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.