New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CDV Missing from Smartzone Communications Center/UCID Problems

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

CDV Missing from Smartzone Communications Center/UCID Problems

I added CDV and HSI three days ago. The service has been good, but I've noticed that my CDV account does not appear in the Smartzone Communications Center. If I click on any CDV link, it takes me to the general info page for CDV on Comcast.com or to a a page that says either I have no CDV service or that it would take 24 hours to activate. Seeing that most of the vaunted "digital calling features" are only managed on line, this is a problem.

In what may e related, I've also got no universal caller id (UCID). I installed the UCID application on my PC and activated on-TV-screen called ID via the iTV menu on my Motorola 6412 DVR.

I called Comcast and was told that despite the web page saying othewise, it may take up to 48 hours. After 2 days with no resolution, I initiated (a pretty useless) chat session. There I was told that it may take 72 hours (anyone sensing a pattern here?), but the rep attempted to open a ticket anyway. The system would not let her do this - but I don't know if that was true or not.

Its now beyond 72 hours and this runaround is beginning to make me think about going back to Verizon/DirecTV. 

What is the real answer here?

Accepted Solution

Re: CDV Missing from Smartzone Communications Center/UCID Problems

Just to followup, it turns out it was an error thought to be related to the new smartzone software. Anyway, I was able to get a ticket opened on Friday and by Sunday evening, it was all taken care of.

Great customer service by the tech team in Voorhees, NJ who kept me posted throughout the afternoon and got the issues solved. What a difference from the nighmare that was Verizon.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Re: CDV Missing from Smartzone Communications Center/UCID Problems

Just to followup, it turns out it was an error thought to be related to the new smartzone software. Anyway, I was able to get a ticket opened on Friday and by Sunday evening, it was all taken care of.

Great customer service by the tech team in Voorhees, NJ who kept me posted throughout the afternoon and got the issues solved. What a difference from the nighmare that was Verizon.