Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CALL MANAGER NOT WORKING !!!

Frequent Visitor

CALL MANAGER NOT WORKING !!!

When is this problem going to be fixed? I need the call screening feature VERY URGENTLY.

Please fix the problem. I don't need to describe the problem because many others already have.

Does anyone with Comcast even check this forum? I'm a reasonable person, but it's been at

least 2 weeks that this problem has been going on. I'm at wits end.

JAMATT

New Poster

Re: CALL MANAGER NOT WORKING !!!

I've been experiencing this problem for over a month.  How long does it take to get fixed?

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

Keisha,

The problem has not been resolved. When I click on 'Call Manager' or right-click on a

phone number in the 'missed calls' list and click 'add to call screening list', I still get the

same error. Please have it repaired for us. It's urgent.

JAMATT

Regular Visitor

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous. I've been trying to deal w/ comcast support on this issue. I suspect the easiest way to fix the issue is to go elsewhere at this point.

1st contact w/ comcast:  I posted a comment on another thread after seeing this same issue for a few weeks (6 weeks ago). Comcast "escalated" the ticket, but only ever tried to call while I was at work.

2nd contact w/ comcast:  I decided to chat w/ comcast online support, who told me it was a "known issue" that they were working to resolve. I left it at that for a few weeks.

3rd contact w/ comcast: this past week I again tried dealing w/ comcast online support who wanted to do basic browser troubleshooting stuff. I humored them, but of course the issue was not resolved. They gave me a ticket # and said it would be escalated.

This evening I received a call from comcast support. The person put me on hold for a few moments to talk to another technician and then proceeded to reset my comcast emta modem (no prior warning). I obviously lose the phone connection. He calls me back (and I think he thought I hung up) and hands me off to another person who proceeds to do the same thing. This time I do not receive a call back. I decided to call comcast back immediately, and got through to another comcast voice person (Emily) who took some information (I offered the ticket # but she didn't seem interested). After a minute or 2 she asks to put me on hold, and then blind transfers me over to Comcast Internet Tech Support (no notice to me, where I sit on hold for 15 minutes) before speaking to another person who of course can't help me.

Total time spent on the phone this evening between the initial call and hanging up w/ Internet Tech Support (about 40-45 minutes).

So, I'm stuck w/ a non-working service that I am paying way too much money for and a ticket that is now likely closed.

What i don't understand is why comcast has to call me to fix the issue.. The issue is on THEIR end, not mine. You don't need to call me for my permission to fix your service.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that info. I haven't called them yet because from reading other posts it

appears it does no good but wastes time. I'm a small business owner so I realize

that it's hard to get good help, especially technically related help. But Comcast

has had time to comprehensively, completely, and CONCLUSIVELY fix the problem.

Maybe they're swamped with support tickets and have inadequate staff numbers. 

I don't know. Please Comcast, let's get this problem addressed, and now.

JAMATT