Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Buying an all in one Wireless Telephony Modem (Arris TG852G)

New Poster

Buying an all in one Wireless Telephony Modem (Arris TG852G)

I am currently renting an Arris modem and using an additional Netgear wireless modem for Phone+wireless internet.

I have used the list of approved modems on your website at http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/ to find an all in one modem like Arris TG852G. When asked the response from Comcast is that if I need to buy one then I can't buy from Comcast but try Bestbuy or internet. But I am not able to find this modem anywhere either in Bestbuy or internet. When asked the manufacturer, they said they only sell this model to Comcast directly.

How and where I can buy this modem and if the Comcast is not letting manufacturer sell this to consumers then Comcast should make this available to their customers and sell them. How and where can I get this unit?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Buying an all in one Wireless Telephony Modem

Right now there are no all in one modem/voice/router modems available for sale.

The only eMTA that you can buy is the Arris TM722G, only from BestBuy with a Comcast Connection Center. Then only if it is allowed in your market. A paid tech visit is also required to install the new eMTA.

Cable Expert

The Best Buy's with Comcast Connection Centers is at this LINK The Arris TM722G eMTA is $150 that you purchase from Best Buy, the Comcast rep at the store sets up the installation appointment that is a extra charge.  This is a modem/telephony adapter, you still need a customer owned router to supply your wi-fi and feed your home network.

The customer owned eMTA program is not in every market area, so check the list for locations near you.  Do not purchase anything on the internet, Comcast will not provision it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I don't know if this will help in your area or not, but 2 weeks ago I had a Comcast technician bring me and install/setup a new Arris TG852G/CT all-in-one cable modem/ WiFi router. This is a new product for Comcast, so it took several tries with customer service to get the right product, and the technician that came out said it was the very first one he had installed. I had to pay a one-time fee of $100 to switch, but the unit is awesome and has performed flawlessly so far. My advice to you is to keep trying with customer service until you get someone familiar with this unit. 

Silver Problem Solver

Guidotkp wrote:

I don't know if this will help in your area or not, but 2 weeks ago I had a Comcast technician bring me and install/setup a new Arris TG852G/CT all-in-one cable modem/ WiFi router. This is a new product for Comcast, so it took several tries with customer service to get the right product, and the technician that came out said it was the very first one he had installed. I had to pay a one-time fee of $100 to switch, but the unit is awesome and has performed flawlessly so far. My advice to you is to keep trying with customer service until you get someone familiar with this unit. 

So do you actually own this unit, or are you still paying the $7.00 a month rental??? (the thread is about buying and owning your own device).

Contributor

All telephone modems, including the Arris TM722G, have a battery backup for the telephone, but NOT for the internet.  "Ah ha", you think, "I'll just put the modem on a UPS!"  But it turns out that the "telephony modem" will not charge the battery fully if the power source is on (some) UPS.  

Has anyone found a way to keep the internet connection going during a power outage and STILL charge the telephone battery backup?

mailto:rick0.merrill@gmail.com