Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Buy DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA Modem?

Frequent Visitor

Buy DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA Modem?

I live in the 46360 zip code and want to know if and where I can purchase my own emta docsis 3.0 modem?

Where and how much are the approved Arris and Ubee models listed on comcast approved equipment page???

Problem Solver

Re: Buy DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA Modem?

The current consensus is that the only customer-owned telephony modem approved by Comcast is the Arris TM722G, which you must purchase from your local Best Buy (if available) that has a Comcast Communications Center/kiosk. About $150 for the modem plus professional installation. Some stores/areas will allow a "self install". Those may supply a kit that looks like this;

http://blog.trebacz.com/2012/01/comcast-xfinity-internet-and-arris.html

( Clipped from post comcast expert EG )

Re: Purchase eMTA Modem

[ Edited ]

Connection Expert

Be advised that this policy now appears to be changing in some local market areas and that their partnership with Best Buy seems to be fading with the closure of many Best Buy stores. Best to call in to inquire what is allowed in your area.

Seems that they may have a new partnership with Brandsmart USA. Check this post from the DSLR Forums;

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27785386-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thanks.

had a tech out and he said that the 'performance' internet service i subscribe to does not require docsis 3.0 and that docsis 2.0 is fine...

i find it hard to believe that the performance bundle would not benifit from having the latest tech standard..?