Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Busy signal calling out, voice mail when called

New Poster

Busy signal calling out, voice mail when called

I have had triple play for about a year now, with an RCA DHG 536 modem and an Ethernet powerline connection to my Tivo and Roku boxes. All worked perfectly until three days ago, when I found that I could neither make outgoing nor receive incoming phone calls. The TV, internet and video streaming still work perfectly. When I try to call out, I get a dial tone, a pause and a busy signal. The person called gets a ring, their caller ID identifies me, then they get a dead line. When they try to call me, the call goes to voice mail, which I cannot get.

I spent two hours on 11/11 and three hours on 11/12 on internet chat with Comcast to no avail. I have rebooted (paper clip) my modem and disconnected it many times, and the phone line has been switched from TV1 to TV2. All lights on the modem are green and steady except for the line light which blinks rapidly as it should.

Does anyone have any ideas, or do I just have to wait for a tech? My experience with Comcast techs has not been good.

Cable Expert

Re: Busy signal calling out, voice mail when calle

The Comast Cares Team has been notified and will look into your issue.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Customer service seems to be an issue with Comcast. Long hold times, being transferred from one department to another and holding longer. Lost bills, no one knows your account info... It's bad.
New Poster

I have the same problem  (Busy signal calling out, no incoming calls) and also spent time with telephone support (who dropped me and didnt call back) and chat (who took 45 min establishing the account name and sending me to read numbers off the stickers three times) then dropped me becasue I was slow to respond. Ive already been to the local office to swap modems and I  tried to get someone to come to get it to work, but they wouldnt scedule an appt. 5 days no phone. Thank god for cell phones.

New Poster

I read your post and we are having the same problem with the phone service! Did the livechat, paperclip to reboot modem, nothing is working to permanently fix this issue...heard that the public library in Galloway and some other family in Galloway also hae same problem for past 3 days!!! Fix it already Comcast!!!!