Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Brand phones

Most Valued Poster

Brand phones

Just over the weekend, people I called or who called me said that they could not hear me, even when I yelled.
I called CC and they said that my brand of phone, Uniden, is rarely compatible with CDV. Oddly enough, I have had Uniden with CDV for almost 2 years w/o issue.
For now, at CC suggestion, I hooked up an old corded phone, disconnected the Uniden's, and will assess the connection.

Anyone know which brands are NOT compatible with CDV?
Problem Solver

Re: Brand phones

I have 2 cordless Uniden phones and have never had a problem with either (except when the battery gets old and won't hold a charge):
* Model # EXP971
* Model # exs9500

Message Edited by slouke on 03-24-2008 10:46 AM
Bronze Problem Solver

My Aunt has Uniden phones and CDV, and no issues for her. either.  I don't know what model though...they are the same ones she had before getting CDV.
Regular Contributor

Hi Teacher,

Sorry you’re having problems with your phone, but indeed, there are few phones out there that you might experience a problem with. None of the phones listed below are completely incompatible with our CDV service, nonetheless, you could experience an issue with any one of them. Please note that there may be other brands or models that may be incompatible with our CDV service. The list is as follows:

Telephones:

• Southwestern Bell GH4102

Telephones/Caller ID Units:

• AT&T 5830
  • GE 21018GE3
  • GE 21028GE3 (w/answering machine)
  • Memorex MPH3388
  • Motorola MD700 Series
    • Motorola MD751
    • Motorola MD761 (w/answering machine)
    • MD70
  • Uniden DXAI5188-2 (w/answering machine)
    • CIDCW (Caller ID with Call Waiting) functions properly. The user may hear additional tones and signals after the call waiting indicator tone - this is normal for some Uniden phones.
  • Uniden EXI5160
    • CIDCW (Caller ID with Call Waiting) functions properly. The user may hear additional tones and signals after the call waiting indicator tone - this is normal for some Uniden phones.
  • Uniden DXI 386-2
Most Valued Poster

Thanks for the info on the phone. I had to get a new phone - got VTech.
I still think it odd that the Uniden worked with the Digitial Voice service for nearly 2 years, then decided to have issues.
Frequent Visitor

I have the uniden phones that come with the extra handsets, I hooked up the main one to the modem box thing and plugged in the other one and it works fine here. I dont know what ID # it is, but it has always worked fine here. The only issue with Uniden is they are battery eaters and I got this set in the clearance basket at Staples. I am considering in the near future buying new phones for here. Something that is bit better quality but other than the battery eating it does, I am happy with Uniden so far lol Good Luck try V-Tech, I hear those are good or look around and invest in a good phone, sometimes its worth the few extra bucks to have no worries.

~Michele
aka MomofTwins1992