Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocking a number from calling me

New Poster

Blocking a number from calling me

My brother-in-law was arrested on friday and has called us 21 times in 3 days. We are not speaking to him, and have no intention of answering his calls from jail, or otherwise. Is there an option to block the jail phone number he calls from? Any help or suggestions would be great thanks.
Email Expert

Re: Blocking a number from calling me

Use Call Screening, described here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: Blocking a number from calling me

Is he calling using collect call? From what I know, Comcast does not support collect calls coming from a correctional facility.

Otherwise, if he calls from the same number all the time, simply block the call by doing the following:

(Call Screening allows up to 12 numbers to be blocked)

Pick up receiver and listen for a dial tone.

Press *60 and listen to the options.

The menu may vary with location, so not everyone has the same exact menu, but the features are identical for all areas.

If he is calling using an anonymous number or one with a blocked caller id, you can turn on the anonymous call reject option. When this feature is turned on, all calls from these numbers are rejected and presented with a message telling the caller that you are not accepting incoming calls from these numbers, and will advise them to call back using a regular number with a non-blocked caller ID.

To turn this feature on simply pick up the phone, listen for a dial tone, and dial *77. You should hear a confirmation. To deactivate, simply use *87 instead of *77.

Good luck!