Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,872,311

members

1,310

online

28,754

topics

Top

Blocking Telemarketer Calls

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Blocking Telemarketer Calls

I have maxxed out my 25 blocked numbers, mostly telemarketers. (I installed NoMoRoBo about a year ago so the number of calls per day is down tremendously.) The calls seem to come in spurts. Hadn't had any calls for weeks and today the phone has rung off the hook. Can Comcast add additional space for blocking numbers? It seems like the telemarketers are getting around the system somehow... Perhaps making the line unlisted is the answer. It seems a shame that I would have to pay even more to get off of their lists. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Good idea! But, I changed it up a bit since I have no idea about actual disconnected phone numbers and it seems to be working so far (tho hard to tell, it's only been 2 days). I forwarded to my cell phone, then blocked on my cell. Fingers crossed because I am beyond annoyed at this point. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Hello 

 

I am so sorry for the delay in response to your post. I can understand having a limit of 25 numbers to block is not enough.

 

The best way to avoid telemarketer calls is to enter your information in the National Do Not Call Registry, here is more info:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/national-do-not-call-registry/

 

Also, you can enter your information on the Comcast Do Not Call, Do Not Mail, Do Not Knock registry, more info here:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/do-not-call-do-not-mail-registry-requests/

 

These are the best resources to stop these telemarketing calls, please let me know if you have any further questions

 

I would be happy to help

ComcastGeorge


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Thanks, Comcast George... But, I've been on the National Do Not Call registry for years. And, I've done the Comcast Do Not Call registry as well. I don't think any of the calls I've been receiving are at all related to Comcast marketing... Just annoying telemarketers that are mostly foreign. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


ComcastGeorge wrote: ... The best way to avoid telemarketer calls is to enter your information in the National Do Not Call Registry ...

A great many robocalls come from groups that are not so much "telemarketers" as they are flat-out criminals. They typically break at least three federal laws just by making the calls in the way they do (robocall without permission, failing to identify the calling company, making calls to numbers on Do No Call). Not to mention spoofing caller ID with intent to deceive.

 

Criminals don't care about the Do Not Call list. If Comcast was an ethical company and gave even half a hoot about its Voice customers, it would DO SOMETHING about this scourge.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Sort of my point...  I'm very tempted to remove the land line because of this. Being wakened uber early some days and putting up with numerous calls throughout the day borders on ridiculous. But, my husband is a physician so not having a land line could cause issues with his affiliated hospitals.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

And, perhaps Comcast George can tell me how it works that if I have a number  blocked, it still gets thru... I have had 6 calls from one number, 5 from another just TODAY!! 

Official Employee

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Hello 

 

I am sorry those calls are still coming through. The company or organization making those calls must abide by these rules, if they do not, you can file a complaint to report them.

 

File a complaint on those companies or organizations:

https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx

 

The FTC website also has helpful information on what to do if you keep receiving calls even after your number has been registered on the Do Not Call list.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0052-stopping-unwanted-sales-calls

 

Here is a helpful FAQ article I found on their website also:

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0108-national-do-not-call-registry

 

Also you can make sure your number is registered here:

https://www.donotcall.gov/confirm/conf.aspx

 

Some states have their own separate Do Not Call registry, so it may be a good idea to register there if you haven't

 

Comcast offers you other features to make sure unwanted calls do not get through. Here are the most popular:

 

Anonymous Call Rejection:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/rejecting-anonymous-calls

 

Call Screening:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening

 

I hope this information was helpful. Please let me know if I can assist you further. 

 

ComcastGeorge


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


ComcastGeorge wrote: ... I am sorry those calls are still coming through. The company or organization making those calls must abide by these rules, if they do not, you can file a complaint to report them. ...

I guess George doesn't get out much.

 

How do you file a complaint against a group that refuses to identify itself or that identifies itself falsely, and that spoofs its caller ID?

 

And if you could file a complaint, how much good would it do?

 

See "Why aren't phone companies doing more to block robocalls?", http://www.cnbc.com/id/100887510 :

" ... Law enforcement tries to go after the people who thumb their nose at the law, but they're often based in foreign countries and very good at using computer technology to hide their tracks. ... unlike the Lone Ranger, we don't have a silver bullet to end invasive robocalls. ..."

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

I think you're right, BruceW... (Thankfully, it's Saturday and I've only had one call come thru today.)

 

It is really unfortunate that the phone companies won't fight this battle for us. Or, put better blocks in place. This is some serious crazy-ness. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


Tipsy13 wrote:

Sort of my point...  I'm very tempted to remove the land line because of this. Being wakened uber early some days and putting up with numerous calls throughout the day borders on ridiculous. But, my husband is a physician so not having a land line could cause issues with his affiliated hospitals.


Simply set your land line to foward to a known disconnected number for about a month and advise all your important contacts to call your mobile phone.    This virtually eliminated all my daily robo calls after a few weeks .... you always can log in to your Comcast Voice account control page daily and see all the attempted callers and their numbers listed daily.  Very amusing.

 

Another alternate strategy is simply set your phone to answer after the maximum 9 rings via the same Comcast Voice control page and advise your important callers it will be answered after 8 rings.   The robos and human nuisance callers usually give up after 6 or 7 rings.   That's how I have mine now after a month of forwarding to a disconnected number.

 

If distinctive ring is a feature in your area, you can also set it up to ring differently from important numbers (not available for my area).

 

No more nuisance calls for me in last 6 months after suffering from them for years.

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Good idea! But, I changed it up a bit since I have no idea about actual disconnected phone numbers and it seems to be working so far (tho hard to tell, it's only been 2 days). I forwarded to my cell phone, then blocked on my cell. Fingers crossed because I am beyond annoyed at this point. 

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

I just got a call from "Microsoft Windows" wanting to "fix" my computer. I played along for a bit just to see how far this guy would go. I even told him I was a law enforcement officer specializing in cybercrime and could trace his ip. He just got nasty and started to threaten me and said he was going to disable my Windows. These people do not care about laws. I was told by Comcast I would be able to see all of my calls and block them, I can do niether. how are they going to go after a number like this, 170-0002? That is what is on my caller id. I am so sorry I went to this Comcast phone!

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


Rickf1985 wrote:

I just got a call from "Microsoft Windows" wanting to "fix" my computer. I played along for a bit just to see how far this guy would go. I even told him I was a law enforcement officer specializing in cybercrime and could trace his ip. He just got nasty and started to threaten me and said he was going to disable my Windows. These people do not care about laws. I was told by Comcast I would be able to see all of my calls and block them, I can do niether. how are they going to go after a number like this, 170-0002? That is what is on my caller id. I am so sorry I went to this Comcast phone!


You realize of course that recent cheap technology now allows the callers to use devices to change the display of their number to anything they wish, especially nonsense numbers like the one you got on caller ID.   No publically available technology that I'm aware of at this date can deal with blocking non-conforming caller ID numbers .... except maybe high level NSA stuff but I doubt they would share that tech with commercial companies at this time.  Also note that the scammers change their displayed number often, so if you do list a conforming number today for blocking, they will simply clone a different displayed number for tomorrow's calls.

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

The national do not call list does not work at least for long.  My old service had a code you could place on the phone that inserted a message saying "this number does not accept calls from solicitors if you wish to continue press 1".  After the caller pressed 1 the phone was connected.  This prevented  computer generated calls from being connected.  Comcast needs to do the same with there service. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


lynn4321 wrote:

The national do not call list does not work at least for long.  My old service had a code you could place on the phone that inserted a message saying "this number does not accept calls from solicitors if you wish to continue press 1".  After the caller pressed 1 the phone was connected.  This prevented  computer generated calls from being connected.  Comcast needs to do the same with there service. 


Good idea ...... I agree.

 

Comcasts does indeed read these Forum Posts, so hopefully we should be getting a response from a Comcast employee soon.

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

My two cents - if the software in use can display the incoming phone number (and/or name) the software could be modified to do a validity check on the number to determine a) is it real, b) is it not in formatting compliance, c) trace back , d) and more depending on the analysis performed to identify bad phone calls. This would take time and money which most providers either do not want to spend, do not have resources (person power, money, equipment etc.) As to the limitation of the numbers you can block this too is (or should have been) a parameter setting that is changeable. Again this would involve time and money to modify. The question is where does a business want to spend their profits? Make life better for their consumer or their shareholders.

Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Anhother valuable tool would be the ability to block whole area codes.  I'd start with Florida, California, and Texas, and I'd get rid of a large numberof bogus calls.

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

We just pulled the plug on our Comcast landline a few weeks ago because we were truly being driven insane by the volume of scam calls Comcast delivered to our home. We have been on the Do Not Call list forever and the absurdly low allowance of numbers Comcast allows users to block locally was literally a drop in the bucket of the total numbers generating calls received. We even purchased a third-party device that intercepted calls. But, because we have older family members, we still had to monitor incoming calls in case it was an emergency situation.

We finally just had enough and shut the Comcast number down. The peace and quiet we now enjoy is amazing. We use our cell phones and have a device which links up to three cells into the wireless phone system we had been using with the landline in the house. It is a shame this is what Comcast customers have to do, but telephone providers seem totally disinterested in actually dealing with these fraudulent calls. I find it hard to believe, with all the technology available, calls coming from these off-shore call centers with spoofed Caller IDs cannot be easily identified and screened out. But, since Comcast's strange package pricing means we are still paying for the phone service we do not use, I guess there is not a lot of incentive for them to do anything.

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


penguinn121 wrote:

We just pulled the plug on our Comcast landline a few weeks ago because we were truly being driven insane by the volume of scam calls Comcast delivered to our home. We have been on the Do Not Call list forever and the absurdly low allowance of numbers Comcast allows users to block locally was literally a drop in the bucket of the total numbers generating calls received. We even purchased a third-party device that intercepted calls. But, because we have older family members, we still had to monitor incoming calls in case it was an emergency situation.

We finally just had enough and shut the Comcast number down. The peace and quiet we now enjoy is amazing. We use our cell phones and have a device which links up to three cells into the wireless phone system we had been using with the landline in the house. It is a shame this is what Comcast customers have to do, but telephone providers seem totally disinterested in actually dealing with these fraudulent calls. I find it hard to believe, with all the technology available, calls coming from these off-shore call centers with spoofed Caller IDs cannot be easily identified and screened out. But, since Comcast's strange package pricing means we are still paying for the phone service we do not use, I guess there is not a lot of incentive for them to do anything.


Some important things a person can do if they just want to become more anonomus and be left at peace is to take themselves off the voter rolls, pay extra for an unlisted phone number, never buy anything off TV ads, never send in for rebates, etc, etc ..... all sad to say.

 

I discovered within about a year or two after I started paying an extra couple of bucks monthly to have my land line number become unlisted that the volume of junk calls decreased significantly.   That was also around the same time I stopped using rebates, and more importantly, took my name off the voter registration rolls.  All this helped stop virtually all postal political junk mail and political phone calls (both robo and live).

 

Remember, "anyone" can purchase for a fee your election office's voter rolls (in most all states) to get your name and address (and some states even hand out the phone number).   Even if you are lucky enough to live in an area that does not also hand out your phone number, but you happen to have a listed home land line phone number, then anyone with today's computer technology can easily connect the dots from the names and addresses received from the voter registrar's office to the voter's home number.  

 

It is not like the old days just 20 or 30 years ago.  Privacy is pretty much gone these days with dawn of large database internet search technology and inexpensive Caller ID number cloning devices used by scammers and other organizatons.

 

BTW, all phone providers charge extra for an unlisted land-line number, and in today's age it is well worth it.

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

I cannot believe what I have just read. Are you seriously telling me that "all" I have to do to to be free of intrusive telemarketing calls is give up my right to vote?
That is absolutely chilling. I am not certain what kind of world you wish to live in, but I want no part of it.
New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Actually this solution does not work very well.  My number has been on the do not call list for years.  But telemarketers don't care because the governement registry is overwhelmed and rarely tet the time to follow up on every single complaint. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


evday wrote:

Actually this solution does not work very well.  My number has been on the do not call list for years.  But telemarketers don't care because the governement registry is overwhelmed and rarely tet the time to follow up on every single complaint. 


Correct ..... that's why removing one's household from the voter rolls tends to work well every time.

 

As for the admittedly depressing thought of not voting, sometimes a person has to make a difficult choice regarding what is most important to them ..... i.e. peace, quiet, anonymity, security, and privacy or putting their entire lives and information out there on FB, TWTR, Voter Rolls, etc for everyone to see forever (and eventually potentially steal).  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Hi Tipsy,

 

When you look at your caller ID, are the calls from actual Telemarketers or are they from numbers with names attached?

 

Lately I've been getting plenty of calls and it wasn't until I called one of the numbers back and threaten to call the police that the caller returned my call and informed me that it was in fact Comcast server that was causing an issue.  Apparently, this other person has been getting calls from myself as well, and so have her neighbor, the calls seem to stop in the evening hours though.

 

For some reason it was Comcast that introduced me to 'nomorerobo' and all of a sudden these calls came flooding in within the past 2 months.  I'm at 70 names/numbers (different) so far and some of them repeat themselves to the tune of 6-7 times daily, which is why I chose one to threaten, I must say they were very nice about it.  Since Comcast only allows 12 to block on their phone system, no more robo only allows 25-30 I believe, and well I'm beyond.  

 

I'm not sure if your situation is same, but I'd check some of your Comcast neighbors if you know of any or maybe some of the local businesses and see who's their local phone carrier, they could be getting an abundance of unwanted calls from the surrounding homes/business in the area, their phone could be ringing off the hook since their actually at work.  Just a thought 

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


LesThompson1 wrote:

Hi Tipsy,

 

When you look at your caller ID, are the calls from actual Telemarketers or are they from numbers with names attached?

 

Lately I've been getting plenty of calls and it wasn't until I called one of the numbers back and threaten to call the police that the caller returned my call and informed me that it was in fact Comcast server that was causing an issue.  Apparently, this other person has been getting calls from myself as well, and so have her neighbor, the calls seem to stop in the evening hours though.

 

For some reason it was Comcast that introduced me to 'nomorerobo' and all of a sudden these calls came flooding in within the past 2 months.  I'm at 70 names/numbers (different) so far and some of them repeat themselves to the tune of 6-7 times daily, which is why I chose one to threaten, I must say they were very nice about it.  Since Comcast only allows 12 to block on their phone system, no more robo only allows 25-30 I believe, and well I'm beyond.  

 

I'm not sure if your situation is same, but I'd check some of your Comcast neighbors if you know of any or maybe some of the local businesses and see who's their local phone carrier, they could be getting an abundance of unwanted calls from the surrounding homes/business in the area, their phone could be ringing off the hook since their actually at work.  Just a thought 


Comcast now allows blocking 25 calls.   Always write down the number from Caller ID and do a Bing or Google search on it .... that will tell all and help you decide whether to block it, etc.

 

Also set your Comcast phone to answer after 7 or 8 rings .... most all unwanted callers give up on the 6th ring and move on.   A couple of "no-answers" often often gets your number dropped from scammer lists.

 

My last unwanted call was over 3 months ago .... peace at last. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

I always Google unrecognized numbers, however these numbers had actual names attached to them and some (most) were coming from my neighborhood.  When, I returned one number that showed up on my ID 6 times in one afternoon, I called that number back, left message & ask could someone inform me of the connection to my number b/c it had called numerous time today, I'd like to know before I ask the police.

They called back, apparently, so was my number popping up on their home caller ID as well as her neighbors and so on and so on.  It was this woman that informed me that Comcast servers were screwed up...after checking all those numbers/names every which way I could e.g. Google/ZabaSerch, you name it, a vast majority lived in my neighborhood.  They claim their taking care of it. 

I have my phone set to go to voicemail at 3 rinigs...

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


LesThompson1 wrote:

I always Google unrecognized numbers, however these numbers had actual names attached to them and some (most) were coming from my neighborhood.  When, I returned one number that showed up on my ID 6 times in one afternoon, I called that number back, left message & ask could someone inform me of the connection to my number b/c it had called numerous time today, I'd like to know before I ask the police.

They called back, apparently, so was my number popping up on their home caller ID as well as her neighbors and so on and so on.  It was this woman that informed me that Comcast servers were screwed up...after checking all those numbers/names every which way I could e.g. Google/ZabaSerch, you name it, a vast majority lived in my neighborhood.  They claim their taking care of it. 

I have my phone set to go to voicemail at 3 rinigs...


Sounds like the system's wires got crossed.   You did right when you recognized the neigborhood names and took the appropriate investigative actions.

 

Most of the caller ID robo/scammer calls I used to receive all had business or personal names attached to them.  The crooks cloning devices allow them to add whatever name they want, but the odds it would be a nearby neighbor's name are astronomical.  You did good.

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

comcast George Please read again

The national do not call list does not work at least for long.  My old service had a code you could place on the phone that inserted a message saying "this number does not accept calls from solicitors if you wish to continue press 1".  After the caller pressed 1 the phone was connected.  This prevented  computer generated calls from being connected.  Comcast needs to do the same with there service.

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


lynn4321 wrote:

comcast George Please read again

The national do not call list does not work at least for long.  My old service had a code you could place on the phone that inserted a message saying "this number does not accept calls from solicitors if you wish to continue press 1".  After the caller pressed 1 the phone was connected.  This prevented  computer generated calls from being connected.  Comcast needs to do the same with there service.


Lynn ..... How many unwanted calls are you receiving daily?

 

The concept of requiring a real person pressing a key to connect the call has has probably already been recently solved by the newest criminal technology.   It used to be a good idea (for its time) as also was the Do Not Call List.  However time and work-around criminal technology marches on (especially overseas).

 

A quick visit to any search engine for "Call Blockers" lists dozens of simple inexpensive call blockers which you could try, but the nuisance callers rarely use the same number more than once or twice.

 

From my own experience, the best defense is:

 

1. Protect your own phone number as vigorously as your SS number from store/vendor rewards programs, contests, and rebates by simply flipping your last two digits on the sign-up forms and remember that info should you ever need to enter your phone number at the store checkout counter.

 

2. Ensure you have an unlisted number, unless you are required to be listed due to your profession. There is little sympathy for those who refuse go unlisted (if they can) and then continue to complain about unwanted callers.  I retired and quit my practice seven years ago and immediately went unlisted.

 

3. Set the number of rings to 7 or 8 before your answering machine or voice mail picks up the line.  Most unwanted callers give up at 5 or 6 rings and move on to the next call.   A no answer, rather than a machine answer, works better at getting your number off the thousands of phone lists used around the world.  Most unwanted calls originate overseas using phoney cloned Caller ID numbers, well beyond the long arm of the law.

 

4. This final item is the most effective and also the most controversial but I still stand by it.   Remove yourself from the voter rolls .... works with 99.9% effectiveness as virtually all registrars' offices sell their voter rolls to anyone in the world ..... and they do a thriving business.   Although your phone number is not usually required to register to vote, your unlisted number can be extracted from your other data listed on the voter rolls using the latest crimimal technology.

 

Bottomline, become a ghost (or give up your phone) if you really, truly wish to be "ring" free.

 

Privacy today has become ancient history according to quotes from captains of the technology industry.

 

Good luck.

 

 

 

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Why will Comcast not do somehting as a large business about this problem?  The FTC may listen to them, but telling their customers that "grass roots" is the only way forward is not practical.  I pay hundreds of dollars to Comcast every month and would like their support instead of thier referrals to to appropriate agencies.  

 

I do not want to remove my land line, however 90% of the calls I receive are BS telemarketers or foreigners claiming to have legal actions against me or my family.  I have registered to all of the do not call lists and nothing has ever improved.  I would guess that money must be exchanging hands for this to continue for this long.    

Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Iused to obsess about these calls -- checked them out on 800notes, tried to block them, etc., etc.  Finally, I have opted for the simplest solution I couls think of -- if I don't recognize the caller id, I don't anwer the phone.  If it's important, or if it's a friend, I assume they will leave a voicemail message.  It helps that we don;t get a lot of phone calls, but I feel like I've had some weight lifted off me because I don't let these call bother me any more.

 

P.S.  Forget about do-not-call lists or some kind of law enfordement help.  Also forget about conspiracy theories.  There is no deep dark scheme to these calls.  They will keep coming because these callers operate outside the law (if they didn't, they would respect the do-not-call lists) and they obviously get some targets to take the bait, which makes money for them.

 

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

Sure you can ignore the calls, but if you have a couple of handsets around the house, it's disturbing to the others and  especially a sleeping child.  Agree on nobody going to help you, but disagree about the fact that money is the reason this continues.  If  the criminals were being prosecuted, it would stop.  Would take Comcast to make that happen, but they must be solid in the $$, or they would do something for thier customers.

 

Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

The last effort that had any effect was several years ago when Sen. Chuck Schumer got one of these calls while in a Senate Committee.  He went slightly ballistic and set a fire uinder the FTC, which then announced a major crackdown on the scammers, with heavy fines, etc.  Whether the crackdown ever really happened is debatable -- I don't remember any news aerticles about a major prosecution, but the massive publicity efffort had an impact.  The calls miraculously stopped for a year, maybe even two.

 

I agree that if the criminals were prosecuted, things would get better, but there are a couple of problems at the get-go -- they are difficult to track down (many of them, maybe even most of them, operate offshore) and their crime is not high-profile enough to get the attention of the law.

 

I agree about multiple handsets -- my wife and I are empty-nesters, so we don't often have that problem. When grandchildren visit, we turn off the volume on the indvidual handset.  Since the odds are that we wouldn't answer the call anyhow, nothing is lost.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


msheehan10 wrote:
 

I agree about multiple handsets -- my wife and I are empty-nesters, so we don't often have that problem. When grandchildren visit, we turn off the volume on the indvidual handset.  Since the odds are that we wouldn't answer the call anyhow, nothing is lost.

 


You have the right idea.  We also keep the land-line ringers set at "off" with 7 or 8 rings before voicemail.   Everyone we deal with also has our cell phone numbers so if the call is important they'll send a text or call.

 

As I recall, the last land-line junk call we received was well over a month ago which is not too bad, thanks in part to having an unlisted number, not using rebates, not entering contests and staying off the voter rolls (especially since there are few, if any, candidates worthy of our vote in this modern era).

 

 

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

This thread started out asking Comcast if it was possible to expand the number of blocked calls past 25. I never saw an answer but instead alternate strategies. From my perspective I would at least like to be able to request that the table of blocked calls be expanded past 25 maybe to 50 or 100, etc. Is the storage required to do this to the relaitvely few customers that would request this that big of a deal?

Service Expert

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


jevans1204 wrote:

This thread started out asking Comcast if it was possible to expand the number of blocked calls past 25. I never saw an answer but instead alternate strategies. From my perspective I would at least like to be able to request that the table of blocked calls be expanded past 25 maybe to 50 or 100, etc. Is the storage required to do this to the relaitvely few customers that would request this that big of a deal?


It's not a storage/programming issue...it is Comcast policy....  until Comcast changes policy then this will not change.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


jevans1204 wrote:

This thread started out asking Comcast if it was possible to expand the number of blocked calls past 25. I never saw an answer but instead alternate strategies. From my perspective I would at least like to be able to request that the table of blocked calls be expanded past 25 maybe to 50 or 100, etc. Is the storage required to do this to the relaitvely few customers that would request this that big of a deal?


Comcast bumped up the blocked call max from 12 to 25 about a year ago plus we can also put 12 unwanted numbers on the selective forwarding list to send them to a disconnected number (for expamle, I use 503-306-XXXX which has been disconnected for the last five years).  The major carriers keep some numbers permanently disconnect for this reason and all we have to do is a simple internet search to find permanently disconnected numbers.   That gives us 37 slots to assign unwanted numbers with Comcast.

 

Rarely will junk callers use a "cloned number" for more than a dozen times at our location if we've placed that number on our blocked list.

 

The scammers are not stupid and change numbers often, so having the ability to block 100 or more numbers is just a sense of false security.

 

However, I'll bet that if we all ask politely now, I'm sure Comcast might consider increasing the 25 blocked limit a bit more in the near future to make us all feel better, if nothing else.  However, if we simply used common sense when handing our our true phone numbers, things would also be less bothersome.  Please remember that, everytime we send in a rebate, enter a sweepstakes, join a rewards program, register to vote, etc then we are simply putting our number out there as bait for more junk calls (unless we flip a couple of our number's digits on the forms).   However we should never phony up our phone number for real true contacts like our doctors, insurance companies, banks, insurance companies, etc.

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls


eecon1 wrote: ... everytime we send in a rebate, enter a sweepstakes, join a rewards program, register to vote, etc then we are simply putting our number out ...

No way am I giving up my right to vote. And IMHO, suggesting that people should do so is an insult to those who gave so much to secure and preserve that right. 

New Poster

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

i never remember how to block calls .but if its a tell marketier i tell them to get a job ,and hang up.

 

 

Service Expert

Re: Blocking Telemarketer Calls

2 year old Thread being closed.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 37635 views
  • 24 kudos
  • 15 in conversation