Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocking Calls

New Poster

Blocking Calls

Hello,    I need help with Blocking a call that does NOT have a phone number all it says it

"  UNKNOWN   PPP ."     how do I block this one

thank you

New Poster

Re: Blocking Calls

I'd like to be able to block unwanted calls.

New Poster

I would also like to know how to block phone calls. I've gotten a call from the same number two days in a row at 9pm central.

New Poster

To block calls, turn your phone on, and when you get a dial tone, press *60.  It will give you options to put phone numbers on your list to block, or the last incoming phone number.  You can always call comcast custoner care, and they will help you through the process.  Hope this helps.

New Poster

How do you access call block?

Problem Solver

Instructions for call screening or blocking:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/

Regular Visitor

That link is just for call screening. Last time I used call blocking, I just went to preferences under Voice...i didn't do anything from my phone. Unfortunately, it currently says my Call Blocking is temporarily unavailable....that's why I am hanging out here...

Regular Visitor

*60 is call screening, not call blocking...two different features.

Problem Solver

There is no feature for call blocking except annonymous call blocking.  Call screening is essentally a block and can be setop with *60 on the phone or by going to Xfinity Connect online and going to Preferences --> Voice and adding numbers to call screening.  If no number appears on caller ID, there is no other way to get the number.