Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocking Calls

New Poster

Blocking Calls

I have a person who calls me, I want to block him from being able to call again. *67 didn't work the first time.
New Poster

Re: Blocking Calls

I believe *67 only blocks your number from showing up on their caller ID when you call them.  It doesn't block them calling you.  

To block them from calling you, you either need a phone with a "call block" feature or maybe the "restrictive calling" on Xfinity?  That's what I'm researching right now because the call block on my phone only holds 30 numbers which is apparently not enough for all the telemarketing calls I get.  Looking for other options.  

Good luck!

New Poster

Oops!  I meant "Call Screening".  Haven't quite deteremined how that works and if it will help me but that's what I meant.

Official Employee

Call screening is accessed via your phone with *60.

You can also log into www.comcast.net and manage it from your computer.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Does Comcast have a feature that will screen all calls without having to enter the individual phone numbers? Telemarketers have gotten a lot smarter these days and often the same telemarketer calls from different numbers. Also robocalling is used a lot and will just keep calling until you answer. It would be impossible to keep entering all the numbers you want screened as they keep changing. So why not have a feature that automatically screens all calls with a message about no solicitor calls are accepted at this number and please press 1 if you are not a solicitor?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor

Blocking calls from telemarketers is easy just go to the Do Not Call registry and register your number. The problem is that non-profit organizations are exempt from that registry and can and do continue to call soliciting for money. Those are usually the 800 numbers (i.e, 800, 808, 866, etc.). I normally receive anywhere from 5 - 10 calls a day beginning at 8 am and continuing until 9 pm, sometimes several calls during the day from the same number. I would like to know if there is a way to just block all 800 numbers or any number beginning with 8. I have used the xfinity phone block option but 12 numbers is no where near enough.

New Poster

Yeah but what about the international numbers I have been called over 10 times by the same number in nigeria and I can't stop them from calling because they are international. So how do I stop getting international calls?