Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocking Calls when Caller ID says - UNAVAILABLE

New Poster

Blocking Calls when Caller ID says - UNAVAILABLE

We have been getting calls daily and muliple calls some days from overseas asking weird questions....number says UNAVAILABLE on the caller ID. How do I block these?

Service Expert

Re: Blocking Calls when Caller ID says - UNAVAILAB

mpokeefe1 wrote:

We have been getting calls daily and muliple calls some days from overseas asking weird questions....number says UNAVAILABLE on the caller ID. How do I block these?

You could block all Anonymous callers...   one way....

If its the same number you could block that particular number as well...

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

geek46 wrote:

mpokeefe1 wrote:

Good luck!

I have my voicemail preferences set up to block all Anonymous callers. However, I get those calls all the time. It will show a phone number on my voicemail list online, but it is labeled as an anonymous call. Any suggestions?

Service Expert

rastev wrote:

geek46 wrote:

mpokeefe1 wrote:

Good luck!

I have my voicemail preferences set up to block all Anonymous callers. However, I get those calls all the time. It will show a phone number on my voicemail list online, but it is labeled as an anonymous call. Any suggestions?

AFAIK, ANONYMOUS is "not" the same classififcation as UNAVAILABALE.....  

If Comcast were 5to make this the same, it would definitely help solve many complaints that Comcast has with the level of BLOCKING services that most complain about....  Only allowing 12 numbers to be blocked, and allowing UNAVILABLE to get through aere the TWO MOST talked about topics in these forums...

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

geek46 wrote:

rastev wrote:

geek46 wrote:

mpokeefe1 wrote:

Good luck!

If Comcast were 5to make this the same, it would definitely help solve many complaints that Comcast has with the level of BLOCKING services that most complain about....  Only allowing 12 numbers to be blocked, and allowing UNAVILABLE to get through aere the TWO MOST talked about topics in these forums...

Good luck!

Actually, they do have that distinction. I get calls that say "Unavailable" as well as some that say "Anonymous." But again, they do not block those that are "Anonymous." Fortunately, my Panasonic phone allows me to block 30 numbers, although those numbers will ring once as they are blocked

Service Expert

rastev wrote:

geek46 wrote:

rastev wrote:

geek46 wrote:

mpokeefe1 wrote:

Good luck!

Good luck!

Actually, they do have that distinction. I get calls that say "Unavailable" as well as some that say "Anonymous." But again, they do not block those that are "Anonymous." Fortunately, my Panasonic phone allows me to block 30 numbers, although those numbers will ring once as they are blocked

WHile they may have the distinction, until CC treats an UNAVAILABLE with the same applied programming rules as an ANONYMOUS, it will not chnage the current status-quo.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

geek46 wrote:

rastev wrote:

geek46 wrote:

rastev wrote:

geek46 wrote:

mpokeefe1 wrote:

Good luck!

Good luck!

WHile they may have the distinction, until CC treats an UNAVAILABLE with the same applied programming rules as an ANONYMOUS, it will not chnage the current status-quo.

Not to get into the twigs here, but the issue is NOT how they treat "Unavailable." Their preference option does not even give you a choice to block "Unavailable." However, they DO give you the opotion to block "Anonymous," but obviously it doesn't work. Bottom line is that Comcast is not delivering the service that their peference page puts out as an option.