Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocked call came through!

Regular Contributor

Blocked call came through!

Today I had something unusual happen -- a phone number from a reputed scammer that I have placed on my Blocked Call list came through!  Just to be sure that the number was already on my list, I attempted to add it again and was immediately notified that the number was already on my blocked call list.  Has anyone else experienced this?

New Poster

Re: Blocked call came through!

Yes, this has occurred on a regular basis this last week.

The ID on my phone identifies that it is a blocked call and still I get these calls.

They should be receiving messages that their number is blocked.

Contributor

Yes it just happened to me also. This is getting so irritating. The answer machine picked up and the person on the other end didn't know it they thought I was on the line and they said hello. of course they got no answer so they said I don't care I can do this all day. then it disconnected. Why isn't this call blocking working Comcast????????

New Poster

Well, perhaps they are spoofing the caller ID to the blocked number, but that's kinda weird. At least, that would make it harder to block. Was NOMOROBO being used for this?
New Poster

Talk to comcast tech. I am myself comp/tech engineer. We came to the conclusion that comcast cannot block all phone numbers because these companies have found ways around blocking. They spoof ythe number or there are other ways to bypass the blocking system.

Sorry guys.

Regular Contributor

In my case, NOMOROBO is not being used.  The telephone number itself (sans dashes) was used for the callerID.

Example...

CallerID: 11234567890

Phone #: 1-123-456-7890

I confirmed that the actual number was already on my blocked list.  

Contributor

The only calls I block are "anonymoys" calls. But in the last month I have gotten three calls from "anonymous". Anyone care to explain that? The fact is that comcast call blocking is a joke. It just doesn't work, and it has taken them quite a while to get it that way. Don't bother with "customer service". That works just as well as the call block. They will probably tell you, "We are comcast and we don't care, because we don't have to".

Contributor

I am now finding that some of the unwanted calls are coming through with the ID as Shields MRI or Citizens Bank with local phone numbers and when you pick up it is a recording of someone trying to sell something. if you call back the number it says the number no lomger exists. This is all getting out of hand.

Regular Contributor

I, too, have experienced this "spoofing" of CallerID by telemarketers - I received a phone call with the ID of our County Municipal Authority, and it was actually someone selling furniture.

Regular Contributor

Has anyone discovered how to block all calls with the generic "Out of Area" CallerID?