Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Block # not in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx but 12009?

New Poster

Block # not in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx but 12009?

We are constantly receiving an Indian ***hole that keeps calling wanting us to give them access to our computers--we weren't born yesterday.  He's rude telling me to shup up and listen to him.  I keep telling him I don't have a "Windows" computer but he just won't give up. The last call earlier this evening, this "indian" ***hole threatened to keep calling day and night.  The phone company shoud have the capability to block any number that is not in the correct format.

Service Expert

Re: Block # not in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx but 120

jkkuhn2 wrote:

We are constantly receiving an Indian ***hole that keeps calling wanting us to give them access to our computers--we weren't born yesterday.  He's rude telling me to shup up and listen to him.  I keep telling him I don't have a "Windows" computer but he just won't give up. The last call earlier this evening, this "indian" ***hole threatened to keep calling day and night.  The phone company shoud have the capability to block any number that is not in the correct format.

Unfortunately programs are not setup to block spoofed numbers.. ( your 12009 for example )...  the spammers/spoofers know this and that's why they exploit it to the max.....   If NOMOROBO has that number wihtin its database ( and they just might ) you could use that service and it will block that call from reaching you...

You can read about NOMOROBO here:  https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/nomorobo

Good luck!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon