Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Block all anonymous calls

New Poster

Block all anonymous calls

Block all anonymous calls is useless.  Ask Comcast to put some teeth into this service.

Every day I block new numbers.  Most of them either have the phone number repeated, sometimes

with VM in front of it as the caller ID,   or   it just has a city, state as the caller ID.

While the caller ID does not say 'anonymous', these calls are anonymous and all spammers, tele-

marketters and robocallers.  I should be able to block them if I want with just the checking of a box,

but one that actually works. 

Service Expert

Re: Block all anonymous calls

robbbbb wrote:

Block all anonymous calls is useless.  Ask Comcast to put some teeth into this service.

Every day I block new numbers.  Most of them either have the phone number repeated, sometimes

with VM in front of it as the caller ID,   or   it just has a city, state as the caller ID.

While the caller ID does not say 'anonymous', these calls are anonymous and all spammers, tele-

marketters and robocallers.  I should be able to block them if I want with just the checking of a box,

but one that actually works. 

I added NoMoRobo to my Comcast VOIP service and those calls while they still come in, only ring once and the call is blocked by NoMoRobo...  you can visit www.nomorobo.com and read if that service can help.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Block all anonymous calls

Thanks,

That's funny, as I had just now signed up nomorobo just b/4 reading your reply.

We'll see how it works.  But, for the record, Comcast takes in 100's of millions of dollars

monthly and will not put their software crew on creating a fix for it's millions of subscribers.

I talked directly to a rep from the CEO and that rep also recommended nomorobo, which

I felt was a copout b/c they could fix it if they wanted, just as they could offer cafeteria style

programming instead of everything is always in a package of 100 channels, for instance, where

you may only watch 20-30 of them.

I just bought a Smart TV and intend to figure out how to soon ditch Comcast Cable and get

everthing I need over the internet thru hulu and netflix etc etc

I just need everyone to join me, then maybe Comcast will join this century