Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Been given a previous business's phone number

New Poster

Been given a previous business's phone number

I have recently found that the home number I was given by Comcast when I moved previously belonged to a carpet cleaning service.  A quick google of the number pulls up numerous sites with this number associated to this local carpet cleaning service.  The business seems to be closed, so I'm not able to address this via that route.

Any suggestions on what can be done to have any references to the business removed from the number?  I'm doubtful there is much that can be done, but hoping the community here have some suggestions. Thanks!

Service Expert

Re: Been given a previous business's phone number

csemench wrote:

I have recently found that the home number I was given by Comcast when I moved previously belonged to a carpet cleaning service.  A quick google of the number pulls up numerous sites with this number associated to this local carpet cleaning service.  The business seems to be closed, so I'm not able to address this via that route.

Any suggestions on what can be done to have any references to the business removed from the number?  I'm doubtful there is much that can be done, but hoping the community here have some suggestions. Thanks!

You can always ask for a new number.....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon