Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BUY a Battery? I Lease My Equipment

Regular Visitor

BUY a Battery? I Lease My Equipment

Why would I need to BUY a battery when I lease my equipment and if I ever discontinue service all equipment goes back to comcast?

Service Expert

Re: BUY a Battery? I Lease My Equipment

Rudi wrote:

Why would I need to BUY a battery when I lease my equipment and if I ever discontinue service all equipment goes back to comcast?

You can keep the battery if you purchased it....resell it yourself..... nobody is forcing you to purchase a battery...some consumers feel safer knowing that in a power outage thier phone will continue to work....relatives will call and alarm system will function....  

That being said, UPS's are a far better choice for protecting and ensuring "many" devices have power, not just your telephony modem/gateway.,..

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

When I signed up for comcast voice - I was told I would have a battery backup modem. Having to purchase a battery was NOT part of the deal. Question: Do NEW customers get a battery included? Remember - one of the reasons for keeping the old lan line was because it always worked, evern when the power was out.

Service Expert

chodyinorion wrote:

When I signed up for comcast voice - I was told I would have a battery backup modem. Having to purchase a battery was NOT part of the deal. Question: Do NEW customers get a battery included? Remember - one of the reasons for keeping the old lan line was because it always worked, evern when the power was out.

YOu DO have a battery back-up modem. the battery just wasn't part of the "included" equpment

Comcast chanegd the policy awhile back and no longer supplpy batteries with devices...customers are encouraged to purchase them through COmcast, but there are much better prices available on Amazon and E-Bay...  Search around!

Ray

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

You're better off with a 3rd party UPS form Costco or Office Depot  so that you can plug your modem, router and your wireless phone into it.