Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BLOCKED NUMBER ON MY HOME PHONE FROM CELL PHONE

New Poster

BLOCKED NUMBER ON MY HOME PHONE FROM CELL PHONE

NEED TO KNOW WHY MY DAUGHTER CANNOT CALL MY HOME PHONE FROM HER CELL PHONE - SHE GETS A MESSAGE THAT SAYS THE NUMBER YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH DOES NOT ACCEPT CALLS FROM YOUR NUMBER!!  CALLED COMCAST AND THEY SAID TO TOUCH *87 ( WHICH SAYS ALL CALLS TO THIS NUMBER WILL GO THRU)  NOT TRUE AS MY DAUGHTER'S CELL PHONE NUMBER STILL IS NOT ALLOWED TO COME THRU 

HELP!!

Regular Visitor

Re: BLOCKED NUMBER ON MY HOME PHONE FROM CELL PHON

Does  your Daughters Phone Number have an Area Code that is Blocked by Comcast?  Maybe a oveseas phone number? If Comcast can block those, please tell me how you did it.

Or,  maybe someone set up "Call Blocking" on your Account, and added her Phone Number to  it.

I have been getting nuisance calls from overseas phamacys, and I have tried using call blocking to put a stop to it, but it doesnt work on phone numbers with more than 10 number's. So  I  also, have been having problems with my Comcast Digital Phone Service. But my problems are from limited Comcast Capibility's, and my own neglect of protecting my phone number from Oversea's Nuisance "Call Center's".

New Poster

Her area code is the same as mine - local 

Can think of no reason her number would be blocked from calling mine

when you touch *87 the voice tells me that all phone calls will be allowed to 

call my phone.

Not true!!

New Poster

Hi..just to double check you should have her try to call your phone by dialing *82 then the area code and number. Some cell phones have their id blocked and whether you have anonymous call rejection or not on your home phone..Maybe its just a glitch and blocking the unknown numbers anyway.

Contributor

I had this problem in January.  At first my comcast Voice account started showing Family KIA of St Augustine when I called home from my cell.   I was told to call the company that maintains Comcast Caller ID database for correction.  The company is called Neustar.  1-800-682-7487   If  you call their tech support they may update your caller ID information. (but it;ll probably revert in a month or so)

The first occurence of this problem Neustar removed the reference to Family KIA of St Augustine and replaced it with some entry. That is when I could no longer call my home voice account. *82 was of no use either.  All that needs to bne there is just the phone number  no name, nothing.

After weeks of contacting comcast I called Neustar again and the problem was corrected.  It has returned again this week.

I don;t plan on spending weeks again on this issue and I;ll try a couple of times and after that I;ll consider closing my account.  I have had nothing but problems with comcast tv and voice since having this account installed last December.  In another state had comcast for 20 years and never a problem. 

Contributor

Let me add to my earlier response.   DO not even attempt to discuss this matter with comcast or their techs. They simply are unaware of the problem and can do nothing to fix it.

Call Neustar at the number I gave you in ealrier post..  Tell them the problem and either have them delete your cellphone number from their data base or set the caller id to show city, state and your number.  Deletion is probably better.

Tech at Neustar did this told it would take effect in two hours and the problem was gone in 5 minutes.

I am sick and tired of disconnects, talking to techs at comcast who barely can speak english, mumble, one told me today to go to the website and disable call blocking from my cell then call  home and then reenable it after making the call.  LMAO!   Yeah, while driving down the road.

This afternoon I got a call from a  rather arrogant tech who didn;t want to hear the problem, didn;t undertand the problem and tried to blame the problem on my cell service.  No problem when I call anyone outside of Comcast and it was corected once before .   So the problem is with your cell phone number listing at Neustar.  Since Comcast uses Neustar for their caller id numbers they should be be able to delete or correct entires but apparently cannot.  

Good Luck, my days with comcast are limited.

Regular Visitor

My daughter's calls are blocked. She has Verizon with the same area code. This just starting happening today. The CSR's call came through ok after trying our home number, so he said it was "MY DAUGHTER'S FAULT." That is utter nonsense and poor cutomer service.

Service Expert

careyfam wrote:

My daughter's calls are blocked. She has Verizon with the same area code. This just starting happening today. The CSR's call came through ok after trying our home number, so he said it was "MY DAUGHTER'S FAULT." That is utter nonsense and poor cutomer service.

A possible explanation is that your Daughgter's Cellular phone is displaying no callerid information or is displaying ANONYMOUS....   If you have Anonymous call rejection turned on, then her call would be rejected.     Easy test would be for you to turn off your anonymous rejection and have her place the call again.  If it comes through, that is why...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon